Tutorials WITHOUT "youtoob"

Allannaa

I do actually have another quick question though, if it's possible? Is there a way to make the steward allow me to purchase the house without actually doing all of the quests? Specifically the one in whiterun? I realized the level one character you get when you use COC wouldn't have completed any quests at all so he can't buy the house... And also, is it possible to make him sell me the child's room separately, without replacing the alchemy lab? The two are in different rooms in my mod so...

Edited by fruitierracer42

Pretty certain that you'd have to edit his dialog in Hearthfires to make the alchemy and child room changes. Its probably coded to disable one if enabled and enable the other, so you'd just need to move one of the commands out into a new dialog option. But I don't know for sure. And as far as buying the house without doing the quests? I have no idea. But it would be nice to be able to buy any of the houses first before doing quests. I always found that once you got the house, you were done with the majority of quests in that city and no longer had need of a house to store stuff and sleep/eat in.

That seems a bit advanced for me... I wouldn't even know where to start to be honest. Thanks though! But yeah it was pretty annoying that there was never really any need for the other houses. Personally I only ever used Breezehome or Lakeview Manor, and even then just for storage because they were conveniently located. I wouldn't want to have to travel from Solitude to the rift or the reach and back just to off load a bunch of stuff. Ah well. I'm actually working on something for that, but I don't know if I've got the skills for it yet. To use like one of the blackbooks to take you to a house type thing... not sure yet. Lol. Anyway, thanks again for the help! This site has been very helpful.

• 1 month later...

Could anyone point me to a tutorial for manually installing the nifskope plugin for 3DS Max 2012? I have been looking all over for one, but the only one I've been able to find covers a different version than what I got, which is 0.1.2.

Edited by manbullcultist

Hello! :smile:

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for the great tutorials (and especially for the furniture markers and cure disease effect one, that was a lifesaver!).

May I have a question, though? I'm trying to convert (with permission from the authors, Wawa and Maya40) a medieval barbette hat from the Sims 2. It shows up fine in the CK preview, but when I try to equip it in game, bald head is the result.

I've followed several tutorials (mainly this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=431115306), compared it to couple of vanilla hats, but I can't find for the life of me what I've done wrong precisely. I'm a newbie to modding and the language of Nifskope is really over my head so far... :ermm:

I used Autodesk 3ds Max to conver the obj to nif and I wonder if the fact I forgot to set weld vertices to 0 could be one of the culprits? I also haven't got a ground object (had no success creating it) so far and use a placeholder one in CK - not sure, could that affect it in any way?

Just in case, I'm enclosing a link to the file - if any of you might be so kind as to look at it? Thank you very much for any help.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vh95ck0o4gunjrz/Barbette.rar

Kia ora

As I understand it you make your items for Skyrim and then use the new conversion tools to make it ready for SE

This guy has a few videos on conversion that might help

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6OSzMSXlC1b9Y9a_xmSuksdxMApqoGGe

you will need the Nif optimizer and a couple of other tools he speaks of and your good to go. the NIF files are the same but handle Spec differently I think and the oprimizer fix's those things, sorry got a memory like a vegie strainer lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...