Muskets DO fit in Skyrim!!!

darkofan

IMO, people who say things such as guns do not fit in Skyrim are ignorant.

So you people people know guns have been around since the 1100's. The technology around the time was very similar to what you would find in Skyrim. So take that!!

Not to mention it's 200-ish years after Oblivion Crisis. Steam power should be making a rise too, if not crystal energy from Ayleid ruins in Cyrodil. (Valkyria Chronicles?)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after some research, I have to go back on what I said, It seems the musket as seen in the revolutionary times was in service a few years before the crossbow, in the early 1500's so I guess it would fit

Also, the Chinese had a device made from bamboo, i think, that used black powder and rocks as projectiles a few centuries before the modern musket of the renaissance.

Alright in that case, I take back what I said.

But I'll put my 5 cents in, the addition of muskets really would make the gameplay more interesting.

Imagine if every single guard had a gun, and you (the player) only had armor, a sword, and a shield. Can you imagine how much harder the game would be than? :3

As far as I am aware, didn't Crossbows actually pack more punch than flintlocks?

Will pass on the guns myself...I don't like using magic either, but love Bows and Crossbows.... wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors to get them in your game Darkofan.

Edit: Hang on, I think I have seen a gun mod for Skyrim....will be back with the link if I can find it.

2nd Edit: Found it, is this the kind of thing your looking for?:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8533

thanks for the link but I already downloaded that mod... It's just a pistol witch is nice but I want a rifle...

Well i offer you,

If Someone builds me a mesh, then i will Texture it and load it into game for you, anyone that helps with the creation of the mod will be credited

will you also hook up the crosbow animations for the model if i or someone else makes it? and would you make it a stand alone, or a crossbow replacer, or have to separate download options? I would Like it to be a replacer, but I know some people wouldn't so... Anyway I only know alittle about 3D modeling so It'll prolly take me a while to make this so if anyone else thinks they can do it PLEASE do so...thanks!!! and super thanks for your offer to help BladerRavinger92! :)

i shall firstly make the stand alone, eventually a replacer, then i shall make a mod the takes all bows out and replaces them with guns. so every guard has a gun instead of a bow (note: this is a long term goal and il need a lot of time and help getting there)

well I hope you can do this it would be great and I thankyou for even trying... thankyou

Alright in that case, I take back what I said.

But I'll put my 5 cents in, the addition of muskets really would make the gameplay more interesting.

Imagine if every single guard had a gun, and you (the player) only had armor, a sword, and a shield. Can you imagine how much harder the game would be than? :3

As far as I am aware, didn't Crossbows actually pack more punch than flintlocks?

Will pass on the guns myself...I don't like using magic either, but love Bows and Crossbows.... wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors to get them in your game Darkofan.

Edit: Hang on, I think I have seen a gun mod for Skyrim....will be back with the link if I can find it.

2nd Edit: Found it, is this the kind of thing your looking for?:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8533

thanks for the link but I already downloaded that mod... It's just a pistol witch is nice but I want a rifle...

Well i offer you,

If Someone builds me a mesh, then i will Texture it and load it into game for you, anyone that helps with the creation of the mod will be credited

will you also hook up the crosbow animations for the model if i or someone else makes it? and would you make it a stand alone, or a crossbow replacer, or have to separate download options? I would Like it to be a replacer, but I know some people wouldn't so... Anyway I only know alittle about 3D modeling so It'll prolly take me a while to make this so if anyone else thinks they can do it PLEASE do so...thanks!!! and super thanks for your offer to help BladerRavinger92! :)

i shall firstly make the stand alone, eventually a replacer, then i shall make a mod the takes all bows out and replaces them with guns. so every guard has a gun instead of a bow (note: this is a long term goal and il need a lot of time and help getting there)

well I hope you can do this it would be great and I thankyou for even trying... thankyou

It is lore friendly, only as long as they make the rifles with a Skyrim look, like with a dragon bone, or something u find in the dwarven mines. make it look dwarven or something from the skyrim lore, then it will be fine:) anyone who says otherwise is an idiot, and is just seeking a sense of self superiority.U could make it a dwarven rifle, and have a magic sound when u fire, not gunpowder. then bam, u have your gun.

I find it hilarious how, People will complain about a old fashion gun, but recommend a light saber form star wars, or anime chars from Japanese cartoons, with bouncing boobs, or offer them armor that looks epic from a future cyborg game....there all for it!! HYPOCRITICAL! nonsense...they just don't want a gun, so to them its irreverent, and nonsense...don't worry man.. someone will make it:) trust me on that. had same problem with oblivion, then they tried to make a thousand of them. and now they can actually make a good one. just wait. it'll come.

It is lore friendly, only as long as they make the rifles with a Skyrim look, like with a dragon bone, or something u find in the dwarven mines. make it look dwarven or something from the skyrim lore, then it will be fine:) anyone who says otherwise is an idiot, and is just seeking a sense of self superiority.U could make it a dwarven rifle, and have a magic sound when u fire, not gunpowder. then bam, u have your gun.

there already is a dwarven rifle rifle, I want a regular looking flintlock or matchlock musket. It makes sense that the technology for a gun would be dwarven, but does it make sense that when the people of modern skyrim recreate it that they would make it look dwarven every time? No that doesn't make sense. I'm not seeking any sense of self superiority, and the fact that you said that says that you are in more than one way. And when you say someone is an idiot give a reason why otherwise you just sound like an idiot, which you did a terribly good job of in the above comment. You sounded like an idiot because you stated opinions as facts and gave no reasoning or backing to them. And gunpowder could easily be made with all the alchemists at work in skyrim. You would have also seen what you posted already on this thread if you bothered to read all of it.

there already is a dwarven rifle rifle, I want a regular looking flintlock or matchlock musket. It makes sense that the technology for a gun would be dwarven, but does it make sense that when the people of modern skyrim recreate it that they would make it look dwarven every time? No that doesn't make sense. I'm not seeking any sense of self superiority, and the fact that you said that says that you are in more than one way. And when you say someone is an idiot give a reason why otherwise you just sound like an idiot, which you did a terribly good job of in the above comment. You sounded like an idiot because you stated opinions as facts and gave no reasoning or backing to them. And gunpowder could easily be made with all the alchemists at work in skyrim. You would have also seen what you posted already on this thread if you bothered to read all of it.

thanks for your interest in my posts. Your assumptions have been noted.

thanks for your interest in my posts. Your assumptions have been noted.

do you think you're cool or smart or something? You used the word assumption wrong and I can tell you're desperate for attention wheather you know it or not. Please if you're going to post, post somthing constructive or productive. You are leages behind my knowlege and wisdom, you will never reach me, now please... learn something.