NMM is dead what do you recommend to replace?

StormWolf01

Ok, so now that the older version of NMM can no longer login, or connect to the Nexus.... and the new version will not install AT ALL for me, what do you guys recommend as a replacement? I have NOT heard good things about Vortex, so I'm kinda leery of going that route.

I don't really have too much of a problem installing mods manually, other than this whole FOMOD thing is totally new to me. Honestly, for the most part, I really just don't want to have to deal with Bethesda as far as having to manually go to disable/enable and re-order my mods list.

TIA!

-Wolf

Ok, so now that the older version of NMM can no longer login, or connect to the Nexus.... and the new version will not install AT ALL for me, what do you guys recommend as a replacement? I have NOT heard good things about Vortex, so I'm kinda leery of going that route.

I don't really have too much of a problem installing mods manually, other than this whole FOMOD thing is totally new to me. Honestly, for the most part, I really just don't want to have to deal with Bethesda as far as having to manually go to disable/enable and re-order my mods list.

TIA!

-Wolf

The only people who complain about Vortex are the people that expect it to be exactly like NMM, and refuse to read the Knowledge Base or watch any tutorials.

TIA!

-Wolf

Your only mod manager options at this point are Vortex or MO2 or you yourself. Vortex and MO2 will probably do a much better job than you yourself. I have great respect for MO2, but I prefer Vortex. There's been a lot of bad press about Vortex from people who don't understand its revolutionary nature and try to turn it into something that it's not. I've been using Vortex for over a year and have experienced no significant issues.

I've been a die-hard manual mod installation and management guy since there has been games to mod but I can't recommend Vortex enough and I would never go back to 100% manual for more complex games like this.

Edited by Sangeki

Guest deleted34304850

why dont you just go and pull down the community release of nmm? or is it all about the forced drama?

The Community version of NMM on Github still works as the devs already added the new API functionality once Nexus released it, and will likely continue to support this version of NMM for a long time, as long as there is a demand for an alternative to the new Nexus offering, Vortex.

NMM is not dead. It's just not being supported directly by the Nexus. Github still posts occasional NMM updates. The newest versions no longer try to check the Nexus for updates. They connect to Github. In fact, there was an update today.

Here is the web address.

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases

Edited by Richwizard

So, you guys tell 'me' that the 'dead installs' of new mods is over?

Like, the mod manager, regardless of NMM/Vortex shows a mod installed, but not a single file was actualy copied into the game data dir?

Because when they had introduced Vortex, it killed my 3 of my most beloved savegames - because i had trusted the Mod manager that the updates where handled properly, instead it had worsen them.

That was like maybe a year ago or so...?

Eversince I did all my modding Manual again, and one single Occasion aside (after which with my Manual method, i had recovered all my 150+ mods within the time it required to copy multiple Folders Content into the data Folder -> ~15mins at max), havent looked back.

So, you guys tell 'me' that the 'dead installs' of new mods is over?

Like, the mod manager, regardless of NMM/Vortex shows a mod installed, but not a single file was actualy copied into the game data dir?

Because when they had introduced Vortex, it killed my 3 of my most beloved savegames - because i had trusted the Mod manager that the updates where handled properly, instead it had worsen them.

That was like maybe a year ago or so...?

Eversince I did all my modding Manual again, and one single Occasion aside (after which with my Manual method, i had recovered all my 150+ mods within the time it required to copy multiple Folders Content into the data Folder -> ~15mins at max), havent looked back.

A year ago Vortex was in Alpha.