[WIP] The Siege of Firebase Zulu

someguy2000

@SomeGuy

I don't know if I have ever commented on this thread before, but I wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you have done over the years. I know what it is like to promote something that takes forever to see the light of day and to disappoint team members by not meeting deadlines or working on stuff you promised to do. In my case, it's CAST, the new ammo standard. I definitely feel your pain (and I'm sure Brig, K3K, Luthien and the rest of the CAST team understand as well).

We all do this as a hobby. No one gets paid for the headaches, the hassles, for trying to fix those bugs that just won't go away. Sometimes it's a thankless job, and no matter how much hard work we put into a project, it fails to be what we want it to be. It's at these times we have to remember that this is a game, and it's meant to be fun. When it ceases to be fun for you to mod, it's time to take a break, and try something else.

Good luck to you, sir, and thanks again for some of the best mods I have ever played.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SomeGuy

I don't know if I have ever commented on this thread before, but I wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you have done over the years. I know what it is like to promote something that takes forever to see the light of day and to disappoint team members by not meeting deadlines or working on stuff you promised to do. In my case, it's CAST, the new ammo standard. I definitely feel your pain (and I'm sure Brig, K3K, Luthien and the rest of the CAST team understand as well).

We all do this as a hobby. No one gets paid for the headaches, the hassles, for trying to fix those bugs that just won't go away. Sometimes it's a thankless job, and no matter how much hard work we put into a project, it fails to be what we want it to be. It's at these times we have to remember that this is a game, and it's meant to be fun. When it ceases to be fun for you to mod, it's time to take a break, and try something else.

Good luck to you, sir, and thanks again for some of the best mods I have ever played.

:thumbsup: Thank you for sharing your works with us. I've very much enjoyed your mods. The bounties were fun, and the Russel quests were a blast, literally. Russell's one of my favorite companions. And just to chime in on this, I was able to play the Legion assault quest at the end of Russel's questline without crashing. It was awesome. I haven't done the Inheritence quests yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

You might have dissapointed yourself. We all do sometimes. But I don't think you disappointed anyone else here. I don't think you've done anything but make our lives a little better. Thank you for that.

Edited by Gambit77

I feel everything you said. See you in Boston.

Ahh.. No offense but you do know that teaser site was proven to be a hoax, right?

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/409085244545847296

http://www.gamefront.com/website-suggests-fallout-4-reveal-imminent/

What a bummer! :sad:

Edited by RangerBoo

Thank you for your mods someguy. The three I have tried are all amazing, and I will be trying Russel on my next playthrough. Rather or not you get the modding itch again, know that you are an amazing content creator and I felt it was a privilege to use your mods. Thanks for the memories!

@ Someguy

I understand your frustration, and that people will probably not like what i'm going to say, but I just really have to get this off my chest. I can't respect your decision after all the hype you gave your projects. I know i must sound like an ass for posting something like this but i'm just so dissapointed that I feel like there's a brick in my stomach. Your updates and announcements were the only reason i kept checking up on the site and I haven't even been this excited for a full retail game in years. The lore you created, the characters you put so much effort into, It was all a masterpiece.

One example i would like to give is the story of the two enclave officers stuck in the bunker from The Inheritance. I was on the verge of tears...I know that sounds completely pathetic but i can't deny it. The story shed a new light on user generated content for me because it was so much better than anything in the base game, in almost any game.

I just needed to express my love for your work. I'm not expecting anything from this post, i just needed to vent a little. Anything you do in the future I will support with all I have. Thank you for everything.

This is very, truly sad news indeed, you were one of the best modders on nexus there were, your stories really moving, like NVBII with the dead ranger i wish there had been a way to prevent most of the events that occurred during a lot of your mods:

-Bradley's Death

-Randall's Death

-The Sand Wolves Massacre

And they were things you could speculate over once they had happened, which is why they were realistic. I know a lot of people want Siege of Firebase Zulu as a modders resource, but i would not want you to feel pressured into that as with the lack of skilled modders currently available, it would be painful for you, I and many others to see your ideas poorly executed, and those who have skill do not see things the way you do, those who do see things have lack of modding knowledge. If you aren't going to finish it yourself keep it dead. I mean this in no offense or selfish way, I only feel this way the same way others felt about not having Al as a voice actor, it would lack the feel all your mods made that we have grown to love.

Best of luck in the future, and in all your endeavors. Crimson.