Bethesda has so much time to make another DLC but choose to make CC mods

leisuresuitberry

After elder scrolls comes Starfield. One guy in youtube estimated that it'll be about 10 years before FO5 comes out

Bethesda has 3 studios who each work on different games. Fo5 will come out sooner then that I'm sure

I doubt it will take ten years but they used another studio to do FO76 and that didnt go well so I think they'll try to use the best team for the next FO. At the moment that team is doing starfield. So a year or so to finish that off and the bugs, another 3 to 4 to develop FO5. So maybe 5 years at best but probably closer to 7 years

I doubt it will take ten years but they used another studio to do FO76 and that didnt go well so I think they'll try to use the best team for the next FO. At the moment that team is doing starfield. So a year or so to finish that off and the bugs, another 3 to 4 to develop FO5. So maybe 5 years at best but probably closer to 7 years

They used their Austin team for fo76. I believe Austin is also making starfield. The other texas location would most likely be on fo5. That or elder scrolls VI with montreal doing fo5... not sure

Bethesda is making DLCs though. What you appear to want from them is what used to be called expansion packs. Not their fault that the CC is the actual definition of what came to be known as DLC - after all, they invented it. Other companies simply perverted the term DLC and stopped calling big ones like Nuka-World and Far Harbor expansion packs - which is what those really are.

what I dont understand about CC is that okay, the modder creates a mod and bethesda puts it on CC and sells the mod but does bethesda have anyone on staff review the proposed mod and see if it will create technical issues or do they expect the modder to do this type of quality control?

They used their Austin team for fo76. I believe Austin is also making starfield. The other texas location would most likely be on fo5. That or elder scrolls VI with montreal doing fo5... not sure

Austin is indeed the team continuing dev for 76, though I doubt you'll find them doing anything else beside that for the next several years (consider it their trail-by-fire, as well as Zenimax making a return on the investment they made in that particular team)

The main BGS team (led by Todd) is currently working on Starfield, most likely they've got another 1/1.5 years worth of work to do on that IP, so likely a November 2020 release date. The other part of Todd's team is currently doing pre-production for the next Elder Scrolls game, with the rest of the team shifting over to full production once Starfield is wrapped-up, so most likely that ES6 won't ship until around 2024, and FO5 won't appear until 2028. Even with the increase in BGS overall via the numerous newer teams (Austin, Dallas, Montreal) games of this kind of magnitute still take years to develop, so I don't see BGS changing their 3-4 year release schedule anytime soon.

Personally, I thought the Montreal team only worked on mobile-related stuff like Fallout:Shelter and ES:Blades.

I would be happy if they fix some of the engine bugs, this game has. This would be better than any DLC.

They won't fix anything. The game is almost four years old by now. The only thing they're doing is forking out their CC-bloatware because it obviously rakes in easy money. One may already be grateful if they don't open up a new bug infested can of wirms in doing what they're doing.

After elder scrolls comes Starfield. One guy in youtube estimated that it'll be about 10 years before FO5 comes out

Bethesda has 3 studios who each work on different games. Fo5 will come out sooner then that I'm sure

Let's just hope they decide to let obsidian make the next Fallout game. Fo4 was mediocre at best. The story is extremely bland, the lack of choices is astounding, the infinite radiant quests are uninspired, companions are meh, and 90% of PG elements were removed to make room for the horrid settlements system. The only redeeming quality of the game is not having to spam vats every fight because they finally made guns work correctly.

Yes building is fun, creating your own little town, until you watch a settler walking into a wall for 5 minutes then teleporting somewhere else, or getting stuck on a staircase, or your shop keeper just randomly decides they need a day off and you can't find them, or my least favorite part of all, that horrid snapping system. It takes like a minimum of 10 mods to make this system even remotely usable.

Really hope they just let Obsidian do it.