Failed to load master-/userlist (Skyrim SE - Vortex 1.0.0)

PMB
Go to solution Solved by PMB,

Started getting this today for Vortex 1.0.0 under windows 10 when attempting to sort load order for skyrim SE.

Have re-downloaded and re-installed Vortex to see if that would resolve it but still same issue.

Error: LOOT operation "loadLists" failed: yaml-cpp: error at line 130, column 7: bad conversion: set elements must be unique
at handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:39:67680)
at Socket.e.on.e (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:39:66313)
at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:283:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:264:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:219:10)
at Pipe.onStreamRead [as onread] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:94:17)
I encoutnered something like this under an older version and at that time I had to delete the userlist.yaml file and start over.
I've submitted a diagnostic report (not anonymous!) via vortex and attached the logs, but while waiting on feedback is this something anyone else has encountered before and managed to resolve?
I could use LOOT (standalone) to sort the load list, but it doesn't have all the extra load after rules I put in under vortex and the gui in LOOT is a pita so will take a looong time to sort.

IIRC, unable to load the Masterlist means that either Vortex is unable to contact and update the Materialist for it's built in LOOT
Basically the same Masterlist that LOOT uses.

Masterlist is the sorting rules list that the LOOT team puts out.
You could be having a temporary problem connecting to github, or wherever the masterlist for loot is hosted from

IIRC, unable to load the Masterlist means that either Vortex is unable to contact and update the Materialist for it's built in LOOT

Basically the same Masterlist that LOOT uses.

Masterlist is the sorting rules list that the LOOT team puts out.

You could be having a temporary problem connecting to github, or wherever the masterlist for loot is hosted from

If that was the case then using stand-alone LOOT would give the same problem, unfortunately this isn't the case.

Already did so.

Using loot standalone to sort stuff as a work-around at the moment after using vortex to install mods.

If I look in the plugins tab in vortex and click on the manage plugins tab, I can see that the majority of pre-existing mod rules show the actual case of the filename correctly (eg "Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp"), but when adding new rules now everything is added as lowercase (so "cloaks - dawnguard"), and this appears to create duplicate rules? In addition the filter by plugin option under the mange rules displays all current mods in lower case (when it didn't previously).

Weird :/

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Error: yaml-cpp: error at line 2350, column 9: the referenced anchor is not defined

at l.handleResponse (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:619583)

at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:618056

at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)

at Socket.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-plugin-management\index.js:2:618039)

at Socket.emit (node:events:513:28)

at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:324:12)

at readableAddChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:297:9)

at Readable.push (node:internal/streams/readable:234:10)

at Pipe.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:190:23)