"Please disable all mods in NMM"

Pusillanimous
Go to solution Solved by AgentSabre,

Has anyone found any solution to this? cause only thing I can think of is to manually download the files as I have a few mods that are not even on the nexus anymore

I don't understand why people don't get this...

The mods that you downloaded, (unless you deleted them), still exist on your hard drive.

This is how all mod managers work

1. you download a mod archive, it goes in the download folder

2. you have your mod manager install the mod, the mod manager UNZIPS the mod archive, and places the files that were inside the archive, into a different folder, and creates the links from that folder to the game data folder

3. If you uninstall a mod, the mod manager just removes all of the files it unzipped from the archive, the mod Archive you downloaded, STILL EXISTS in the Download folder, unless you physically deleted the Mod Archive.

so, all of the mods you previously downloaded with NMM, are still in the NMM download folder, which means you can either COPY or MOVE them from the NMM Download folder, and move them into the corresponding Vortex Download\{Game}\ folder

I'm also having this issue... I disabled all mods and plugins. skyrim.esm and update.esm are greyed out and im unable to uncheck them- not sure if this is the reason why it isn't working. PLEASE HELP.

Sounds unrelated to this issue at hand, but in Vortex you can't disable plugins that are considered part of the base game.

I'm also having this issue... I disabled all mods and plugins. skyrim.esm and update.esm are greyed out and im unable to uncheck them- not sure if this is the reason why it isn't working. PLEASE HELP.

Sounds unrelated to this issue at hand, but in Vortex you can't disable plugins that are considered part of the base game.

It's entirely related. I'm having the same issue the op is having- just thought those files were the reason why... I have disabled all active mods but vortex is still telling me to disable them. :/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, same issue here and I do not why some people here are talking to those of us like we are some kind of stupid.

I do see that NMM is reporting 4 active mods yet, but the GUI itself shows nothing active and I have gone over it manually as well as used the global command to disable all mods and yet it still says 4 are active. If that is the issue then how do I get the left hand to tell the right hand all is good. If a NMM file is corrupted, how do I go about fixing it so I can finish the import process? Also the mods are NOT in the NMM downloads folder, they are in the mods folder for at least Fallout 4 (the download folder is present but most assuredly is empty as can be).

So if many of us are having the exact same issue and do not exactly seem clueless here, can someone without a chip on their shoulders maybe give a friendly hand? If so I thank you in advance and will continue to look at it myself. If I figure it out I will post back.

I'm afraid NMM showing mods enabled when they are none enabled is one of two things.

1) Your NMM setup is corrupted (this is one of the reasons we moved away from NMM to create Vortex)

2) You still have mods installed in a different instance of NMM.

Thank you for your replonse, I decided to simply manually redo everything and uninstall NMM. Easier to rule out any issues and just go from a clean slate.