My experience with Vortex so far

Deleted64927026User

Well.. how do I begin..

.. oh I know. Lets just skip the whole "beginning" part, that always works

Generally, I think its pretty nice for people who dont use a lot of mods. Its reasy to manage all the rules, which is pretty straightforward and can be edited quite easily. Generaly its not complicated, which isnt a bad thing. It looks easily accessible for .. basically anyone

Also its design is pretty cool *cough

So far, the only thing that bugs me is when I want to review my modlist. Compared to MO2, the modlist is pretty unpractical and messy once you have a few mods installed (by "few" I mean post 100) and it only gets worse the more you have

In MO2, every line has the same height and if the name of a mod is longer than the space granted to display that name that modname wont be shown completly. Also you have seperators that you can colour in any way you wish. A large modlist could still look pretty clean even with many diffrent mods installed due to those 2 factors

Right now you can sort and filter by a lot of things, the issue is that sometimes there are more than 1 category that contains the things you are looking for and that the category of a mod is simply wrong. Yes you can filter for multiple categories or set highlights/categories yourself but that doesnt really fix my issue .. I suppose

My suggestion would be a seperate bar above the filter options, in which you can put "folders" that contain the mods you want to view

E.g. I can create a folder "Armour" and put all the custom clothings and armours there. Then I create another folder which I call "Body" or "Appearance" containing the body, texture mods for the body, mods that add Brows and Eye textures, etcpp

Right now, for the first folder I had to filter for "Clothing" and "Armour", for the 2nd folder I had to filter for "Body, Face and Hair", "Models and Textures" and "Utilities"

Dont know if thats possible but I guess it would be a meaningful improvement if you could make "section filters" like that yourself

A separate bar above the filter options will reduce the size of the window containing the Mod, or Plugin List.

Have you tried using the COMPACT Theme in Vortex along with a smaller font?
I have Vortex set to COMPACT, with a 12 font size and a slightly expanded margins, and the only time I get more than one line of text for Mods or Plugins, is if the mod has a ridiculously long name such as "Ultimate Deadly Encounters - The Way of the Dovahkiin aka Sands of Time Legendary Edition ( increased spawns ) or how to have a very bad day when you bring no followers or extra potions to the party"
(Yes, that's real, modder is an awesome guy though)
Also, I tend to have the width of Vortex stretched pretty far, which also helps stop the titles from using two lines.

So, this filter doesn't work for you?

Categories-and-Filters-5.jpg

Now, you know that you can assign mods to the categories that YOU want, right?
Double Click the mod, the right panel (shown) opens up and you can assign categories to your mods to be consistent.

Vortex-Category.jpg

Well

This is how a segment of my modlist in MO2 looks like:

http://prntscr.com/p5s6ch

Im using the seperator as a sort of "Main category" while the category itself (Immersion, NPCs etc) is used as a "sub category"

On the top of this screen I have "Companions", "NPCs" and .. "nothing" as categories. The main category is called "Followers"

Companions and NPCs being obvious, "nothing" being mods that are no longer present, merged or ported (so mods that I cant download again once I delete them)

Right now Im doing as you suggest but Im kind of missing that structure I have in MO2. Im using hightlights to show wether or not I added some notes to that mod

I hope that having quick commands for specific filters (or a seperate filter that I can set manually) would solve this issue

So far I feel like Vortex suits me better but this missing structure can be pretty exhausting at times

Edited by Guest