Obsidian commit to mod support and the Nexus for Project Eternity

Dark0ne

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest, while obsidian are great at designing worlds, weapons, and code code the hell out of a gaming system, they aren't all that good when it comes to making a story. I hope they've hired some newer storytellers since releasing New Vegas, because, quite frankly, the main story is crap, or, more accurately, barely exists as little more than an excuse plot, in my mind. Of course, I've also never done any routes other than independent, and that usually is a kind of short lived "quest progression," once you've killed House and Caesar. Still, I love how good they are about adding mod compatibility.

Wait... so let me get this straight. A gaming company is asking fans to Kickstart a game, meaning they pay for it, so that they can develop a game in which those same fans will buy? I thought Kickstart was for people who needed help for projects... not for businesses who already have some form of monitary backing, which Obsidian (I would think) already has, so then wouldn't that mean they would basically make a game and profit off of it for free??? Or maybe I'm just looking too much into this.

This is fantastic news. I still wonder that we don't have a Baldur's Gate Nexus. :tongue:

This is great news, Obsidian deserves all the support they can get in this. Under several companies who treated them badly, underpaying them and rushing their products, when they were fighting against time with fixed pay and nothing to gain from working harder other than a job well done, they've shown a consistent dedication and passion for what they do. Creating rich worlds full of intriguing characters is obviously something the folks at Obsidian care about. Edited by VforValence