Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73633553. #73635868 is also a reply to the same post.

kestrelhawk wrote: After finding out that everything doesn't show using full screen, I have tried to get used to it, only to end up with a headache, literally. I can't possibly be the only one with vision issues, so is there any way at all that this can work using full screen?
tonycubed2 wrote: Vision issues here too. I second that.

Which browser are you using? Fullscreen in Firefox shows everything.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I use the search bar and start typing I'll see the drop down begin to suggest things according to what letters I type as per usual. Then I'll click something and the dropdown and the search bar will close leaving me where I started never bringing me to any mod I've selected in the dropdown.

When I click the search bar and click the mods tab within the search bar it also closes. The search function within the search bar is broken. At least on my end. I hope it's resolved soon because that's the way I have always navigated the site.

In response to post #73629998.

iSyntheria wrote: Ignore all the negative comments saying the design is worse than the old one. I used the beta the entire time it was out and now that the final release has dropped I definitely think the new design is much better and nicer than the old one ever was. It's much more slick and smooth than the old one could've ever hoped to be and the overall navigation and design is way better. Some people just have a hard time adapting to change so they choose to bash on what is obviously a huge improvement over the previous look. I really appreciate what the team has done here and love the new design through and through but sadly at the end of the day there will always be people that are super negative about it cus they just don't like change. I look forward to the future updates you guys have mentioned you'll be testing through the beta version of the site in the future :) I can't wait to try them out ^w^ Keep up the great work :D

"Ignore the 80% comments that I don't like because I disagree with them, therefore are not valid, because only MY opinion matters." Edited by Clanggedin

In response to post #73629998. #73643403 is also a reply to the same post.

iSyntheria wrote: Ignore all the negative comments saying the design is worse than the old one. I used the beta the entire time it was out and now that the final release has dropped I definitely think the new design is much better and nicer than the old one ever was. It's much more slick and smooth than the old one could've ever hoped to be and the overall navigation and design is way better. Some people just have a hard time adapting to change so they choose to bash on what is obviously a huge improvement over the previous look. I really appreciate what the team has done here and love the new design through and through but sadly at the end of the day there will always be people that are super negative about it cus they just don't like change. I look forward to the future updates you guys have mentioned you'll be testing through the beta version of the site in the future :) I can't wait to try them out ^w^ Keep up the great work :D
Clanggedin wrote: "Ignore the 80% comments that I don't like because I disagree with them, therefore are not valid, because only MY opinion matters."

@ Clanggedin, ...Lol...You got it! Gee you must have your degree in gender studies ...lol...

In response to post #73640028. #73640723, #73641888 are all replies on the same post.

M0ro wrote: Okay, let it be with the design but the notifications really need a small image icon that represents mod not just the letters. add this, please.
BigBizkit wrote: Roger. We're currently exploring options for a happy medium between the two.
M0ro wrote: I in the red squares to put little thumbs of the mods.
5vDmYQJ.jpg

I second M0ro's suggestion. The icons look nice with the theme, but they aren't as helpful compared to the images themselves. Being able to see what exactly I was being notified about aside from just the text alone saved time and extra clicks (which is something the new UI has been able to do for other features, at least).

I hope a medium can be found soon. :)

In response to post #73641518. #73641833 is also a reply to the same post.

RangerDulann wrote:

I'm not thrilled with the new design. It's making it less attractive for me to visit the site.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm using 21:9 screen divide in three parts with displayfusion. This puts nexusmods into tablet mode.

And no I don't want to zoom or resize the window, I need the space like it is.

So how about a toggle for this. Or a better detection algorithm.

BigBizkit wrote: From your screenshot, it would seem like you are just barely at the tablet breakpoint so resizing the window only slightly would solve your issue.

Maybe. But than another website comes along and I have to resize for that and so on and so on.
Not user-friendly. Also nomansskymods.com has a similar system, but with a tablet breakpoint of 884.

But thx for your reply. I'll stick with it for now, coz I have to support my mods.
Hoping for improvements in the future.

I apologize, this is just my opinion. I don’t understand why it was necessary to redo what worked so well. I tried a new design, but I didn’t like it. The navigation bar is inconvenient, the notification window does not translate into my language. Some of the information I need is now not available to me.

I returned to the old one, but now, I regret to see that in fact I have no choice. I read the reviews of other users and most, like me, did not like the new site design. I have a question. Why do the survey, if the Nexus team in any case did as she decided?

Most users were opposed, but the design was changed anyway.

And let me remind you that the new is not always better than the old.

Tablet support is broken. I like to browse nexus when I'm on the toilet. Read comments etc.
With the old design I could visit any page. Now when I go to a mod it's a small strip at the bottom and I have to login?

But I can't login. I enter my credentials, press go, and nothing happens.

IMG-032dd4.png

Safari / Chrome
IPad 3, A1416
IOS 8.3

Edited by RangerDulann

In response to post #73633553. #73635868, #73642508 are all replies on the same post.

kestrelhawk wrote: After finding out that everything doesn't show using full screen, I have tried to get used to it, only to end up with a headache, literally. I can't possibly be the only one with vision issues, so is there any way at all that this can work using full screen?
tonycubed2 wrote: Vision issues here too. I second that.
Zaldiir wrote: Which browser are you using? Fullscreen in Firefox shows everything.

Using Google Chrome because it has been working just fine for me. I've tried changing font size and screen size to no avail. I can't even get to 150, I have to stay at 125 or it doesn't display right.

Edit: After juggling font size and screen, I can get it to 150. Doesn't help me read it any better though. I'm not trying to be cantankerous, but changing/adding another browser for one site just doesn't work for me. Edited by kestrelhawk