Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73897103. #73899578, #73899788, #73900288, #73900358, #73900928, #73908723 are all replies on the same post.

Clanggedin wrote:
We have reverted back to the old UI temporarily today while we benchmark some potential performance issues. The new UI will be back soon.

That's really not necessary. Keep it and scrap that new UI, no one wants it.
Thesparalius wrote: I know you didn't ask, and I know you don't care, but I want it. You don't speak for all of us. Hell you don't speak for any of us, only yourself.
Clanggedin wrote: Good for you.
mred1602 wrote: I, also, prefer the new UI.
AnonymousPlum wrote: Also prefer the new UI. Looks great :)
Nedessay wrote: I actually prefer the new UI over the old one.
ff7legend wrote: Not everyone likes the increasing migration of various websites to a so-called "smartphone" interface either. I'm with Clanggedin on this one... We could do without the smartphone interface, thank you. I don't mod games/visit the Nexus sites on a smartphone/tablet nor do I ever plan to. Sometimes it's best to stop tinkering & leave things well enough alone... This is one of those times IMHO...

Makes no difference if you like it or not. Today your opinion doesn't matter anymore. Corporations like Microsoft and Valve push through their POV and systems, and everyone jumped on the same train. You will get the new UI and you have no say in it. Complaining a thousand times will probably only get you banned. It's easier for them to ignore you then taking notice.

It is either sink or swim. Use the website or do not use it. I already gave up trying to persuade people or corporations. Criticism is not welcomed anymore and will just be "overlooked".

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurry back. It still has problems carried over from the last UI overhaul, but there are several solid improvements and no real downside I've seen so far. That said, the original UI still did some things better. Isn't there some way I can read the entire mod title and short description in the hotfiles without having to click through to the mod page. Rollover text or something? Please?

Edited by Keleigh3000

In response to post #73912438.

Keleigh3000 wrote: Hurry back. It still has problems carried over from the last UI overhaul, but there are several solid improvements and no real downside I've seen so far. That said, the original UI still did some things better. Isn't there some way I can read the entire mod title and short description in the hotfiles without having to click through to the mod page. Rollover text or something? Please?

I have to agree on this one.

In response to post #73897103. #73899578, #73899788, #73900288, #73900358, #73900928, #73908723, #73911858 are all replies on the same post.

Clanggedin wrote:
We have reverted back to the old UI temporarily today while we benchmark some potential performance issues. The new UI will be back soon.

Thesparalius wrote: I know you didn't ask, and I know you don't care, but I want it. You don't speak for all of us. Hell you don't speak for any of us, only yourself.
ff7legend wrote: Not everyone likes the increasing migration of various websites to a so-called "smartphone" interface either. I'm with Clanggedin on this one... We could do without the smartphone interface, thank you. I don't mod games/visit the Nexus sites on a smartphone/tablet nor do I ever plan to. Sometimes it's best to stop tinkering & leave things well enough alone... This is one of those times IMHO...
slingshotnetworks wrote: Makes no difference if you like it or not. Today your opinion doesn't matter anymore. Corporations like Microsoft and Valve push through their POV and systems, and everyone jumped on the same train. You will get the new UI and you have no say in it. Complaining a thousand times will probably only get you banned. It's easier for them to ignore you then taking notice.

It is either sink or swim. Use the website or do not use it. I already gave up trying to persuade people or corporations. Criticism is not welcomed anymore and will just be "overlooked".

Yeah, pretty much. I learned to stop voicing my concerns a long time ago, because all it does is attract the peanut gallery who defend the site's actions no matter what. It isn't new, I was on the BioWare Forums too back in the day. They're all cut from the same cloth of yes-men and fanboys.

I was actually thinking my browser had bugged out and started loading the mobile version of the site for some reason, only for it to revert back yesterday. I was happy to have a semi-usable interface again, only to see this thread and learn it was temporary. Us PC users just get left more and more behind, even on a site *supposedly* for PC games.

Whatever. I'll figure out how to navigate this ungodly mess of a UI, just like I did the last site redesign.

Nexus,

Please just make a decision on the UI design. I was getting used to the new and now the old one is back. Was it pulled to be revised/fix bugs ?

In response to post #73897103. #73899578, #73899788, #73900288, #73900358, #73900928, #73908723, #73911858, #73915853 are all replies on the same post.

Clanggedin wrote:

slingshotnetworks wrote: Makes no difference if you like it or not. Today your opinion doesn't matter anymore. Corporations like Microsoft and Valve push through their POV and systems, and everyone jumped on the same train. You will get the new UI and you have no say in it. Complaining a thousand times will probably only get you banned. It's easier for them to ignore you then taking notice.

cydonianmystery wrote: Yeah, pretty much. I learned to stop voicing my concerns a long time ago, because all it does is attract the peanut gallery who defend the site's actions no matter what. It isn't new, I was on the BioWare Forums too back in the day. They're all cut from the same cloth of yes-men and fanboys.

I was actually thinking my browser had bugged out and started loading the mobile version of the site for some reason, only for it to revert back yesterday. I was happy to have a semi-usable interface again, only to see this thread and learn it was temporary. Us PC users just get left more and more behind, even on a site *supposedly* for PC games.

Whatever. I'll figure out how to navigate this ungodly mess of a UI, just like I did the last site redesign.

I agree with Clanggedin . Why fix what was not broken??? I was overjoyed to see the old ui back. Was able to get to everything in half the clicks. At least give us a toggle on what ui to use versus shoving the unwanted changes down our throats.

That is what irks the most. We have no choice. We are welcome to support the site but have no say in what ui we end up using.

For the love of Talos, stop fixing what is not broken. Or at least allow a toggle to give us a choice on what to use as the user interface. Change for the sake of change is not progress.