⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Donation Points Stats and No Ads for Mod Authors

BigBizkit

In response to post #75126508. #75352303, #75688168, #75691253 are all replies on the same post.

karlarsch1913 wrote: I appreciate all of it, I really do. But I wonder, how long does it usually take to get rid of the ads when you have 1000 Unique Downloads?
FallToot wrote: Seconded. I hit 1000 uniques a few days ago and I'm still getting ads.
Pickysaurus wrote: You will get a full page notice when it is applied to your account. FallToot has had it, but karl, you haven't quite hit the threshold yet.
karlarsch1913 wrote: Hmm, my mod currently has 1225 unique downloads, it has hit 1000 unique downloads about a month ago.

I've got about 15 mods that qualify, but never got a notice. I'm not seeing any ads though, so it looks like it's all working properly despite that.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No-Ads" for Mod Authors is no longer accurate. Mod Authors are not "Premium" users and you will be reminded of this in the with a full page add when you go to download any mod including your own.

Paying for Supporter status because it will give you an "Ad-Free" experience across all sites, doesn't mean you're "Premium" so again you will be reminded with a full page ad.

Corrected post below.

Edited by Glass1411

"No-Ads" for Mod Authors is no longer accurate. Mod Authors are not "Premium" users and you will be reminded of this in the with a full page add when you go to download any mod including your own.

Paying for Supporter status because it will give you an "Ad-Free" experience across all sites, doesn't mean you're "Premium" so again you will be reminded with a full page ad.

I'm a mod author and I'm a Premium user. So...

I'm a mod author and I'm a Premium user. So...

Thanks Steve, I see my mistake.

"No-Ads" for Mod Authors is no longer accurate.

The Mod Author (Status, Group, Category) is not equal to the "Premium" (Status, Group, Category) and you will be reminded of this with a full page ad to purchase "Premium" when you go to download any mod including your own.

Edited by Glass1411

Like in the other thread, I think its generally understood that when a site refers to ads they mean advertisement of third-party services and products, not promotion of their own service in the form of premium memberships.

To be clear, I dont like the slow download/fast download thing at all. But saying that "ad-free" is now not accurate or, as another user did, that they are breaching contracts is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Edited by FrankFamily

Arguably, the membership and Vortex "ads" are Public Service Announcements, not commercial advertising.

Â

KEK, no its an advertisement, through and through.

Arguably, the membership and Vortex "ads" are Public Service Announcements, not commercial advertising.

There is and always has been a small banner on the bottom of every mod page that advertises their "Premium" service.

A full page Ad for a Premium service which offers higher download speeds is not a Public Service Announcement particularly when we were obviously presented that option when we purchased the "Ad-Free" "Supporter" option.

Edited by Glass1411

There is and always has been a small banner on the bottom of every mod page that advertises their "Premium" service.

A full page Ad for a Premium service which offers higher download speeds is not a Public Service Announcement particularly when we were obviously presented that option when we purchased the "Ad-Free" "Supporter" option.

While I interpret "ad-free" in the context of Nexus to mean "no third-party advertising", I can see why some would be annoyed by the ads (yes, I concede that they are) for premium membership on the download pages etc. It's clear that the definition of "ad-free for supporters/mod authors" etc needs to be revised, and ideally, less intrusive advertising of paid services for Supporters/mod authors would be the way to go, given the original promise of "ad-free" with no fine print.