Corrupt a Wish(game)

Sniperwhere

Granted but as soon as you get healed you'll be kidnapped and lobotomized, afterwards you won't be able to wish anything.

I wish all the potential dictators and their strategic accomplices are systematically convicted to death and executed when they're found guilty of a crime.

Granted but as soon as you'll have finished your hard drive will die without you had time to backup anything.

I wish all the workers in the world fight together to have the same rights so the slaver bosses don't take advantage of them any longer.

Granted. All the worker rights have been eliminated, giving them all the same rights, and the slaver bosses have been converted to workers. Now meet the new boss... same as the old boss.

I wish no one ever needed to wish for anything I had a Gibson es175.

Granted, as soon as the price comes down so you can afford one. In the meantime you'll just have to do like all the rest of the dreamers and guitar players do and drool over pictures of it. Or maybe, you should drool over the Gibson that gave rock and roll fame.

I wish OblvionAddicted hadn't reminded me why my mod didn't get uploaded. It was ready for posting all these years and not only the hard drive burnt out, but back then the DVD-RW codes were different for each companies DVD-RW and the mod was saved on the old codes. It wasn't until the slips with the disks in them got pulled out with a dusty old pair of bicycle shoes to go out and ride my antique 18 Speed bicycle that I discovered where I tossed those CD-RWs and the DVD-RWs with my completed mod on it. I discovered the new Blue Ray player with DVD-RW could read all my old disks. Two bad they can't read my 3.5 inch floppies too.

I wish OblvionAddicted hadn't reminded me why my mod didn't get uploaded. It was ready for posting all these years and not only the hard drive burnt out, but back then the DVD-RW codes were different for each companies DVD-RW and the mod was saved on the old codes. It wasn't until the slips with the disks in them got pulled out with a dusty old pair of bicycle shoes to go out and ride my antique 18 Speed bicycle that I discovered where I tossed those CD-RWs and the DVD-RWs with my completed mod on it. I discovered the new Blue Ray player with DVD-RW could read all my old disks. Two bad they can't read my 3.5 inch floppies too.

Similar story here, and kind of fits with the wish theme. I had a favorite mod I made for Oblivion and never released. I thought of it as the best work I ever did, and then I lost it with a corrupted hard drive. I wished for that mod back so badly, and promised that if I ever got it back I would release it right away and share it with everyone.

I tried all the free data recovery software I could find, and some of them could recover the files but they always came back corrupted and wouldn't load. :(

Eventually I broke down and spent $99 on software that looked promising. I didn't know that it would work, I just took a chance and it did.

Oh happy day, I had it back. Well... sort of. I had all the models textures and scripts and the esp as loose files and had to rebuild the mod. I spent a couple of days doing that and got it back to working exactly like it did before I lost it. But did I release it like I had promised myself to do? Nope. I couldn't be bothered, it didn't seem important anymore.

Wishes are often like that. You wish for something so badly, and then when the wish is finally granted you realize it wasn't such a big deal and would rather have had something else instead, and this is why I don't need someone else to corrupt my wishes, because I can usually do that on my own.

Similar story here, and kind of fits with the wish theme. I had a favorite mod I made for Oblivion and never released. I thought of it as the best work I ever did, and then I lost it with a corrupted hard drive. I wished for that mod back so badly, and promised that if I ever got it back I would release it right away and share it with everyone.

I tried all the free data recovery software I could find, and some of them could recover the files but they always came back corrupted and wouldn't load. :sad:

Eventually I broke down and spent $99 on software that looked promising. I didn't know that it would work, I just took a chance and it did.

Oh happy day, I had it back. Well... sort of. I had all the models textures and scripts and the esp as loose files and had to rebuild the mod. I spent a couple of days doing that and got it back to working exactly like it did before I lost it. But did I release it like I had promised myself to do? Nope. I couldn't be bothered, it didn't seem important anymore.

Wishes are often like that. You wish for something so badly, and then when the wish is finally granted you realize it wasn't such a big deal and would rather have had something else instead, and this is why I don't need someone else to corrupt my wishes, because I can usually do that on my own.

Mine is giving me problems with the old ingredient sorter script I learned to write. It worked before. Everything else works, and I replaced two nifs ingredients. They were replaced with a weird setting like this one "_idc_crab_meat" instead of the link in the mesh folders in my folder with "_crab_meat". Mudkrabs, not King Crabs.

All that was holding me back from uploading it was getting permission from the people who wanted more then just giving them credit for their work for the parts and resources I used.

I grant you the ability to play your mod in it's entirety and enjoy the spirit you had, again soon, and even when in your old age it seems like you have found a bright and shiny new toy you've never seen before in your collection of childhood memories.