Download system overhauled on site and in NMM

Dark0ne

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you Devs reading these?

I'm hoping that it's just because your busy fixing this "online" bullsh*t and thats why you've not answered any of us...

It's now 2:30 am here in Afghanistan and I am now loosing the plot... The red is seeping into my vision... ARG!

FIX IT!

Please... Other then this major issue, very splendid utility... Cheers... BUT FIX IT!!!!

Please... Dreadfully sorry... I think I may have developed turrets over this "online" cr*p... Thanks... You know how hard it is to carry out an ambush with turrets!?

I regret up-dating to this latest release very much indeed. I do mainly use it on-line however I like to have the option not too. Also my download time has nearly quadrupled with this new version which displeases me greatly.

I do hope that you will be able to resolve these issues soon please.

I love this applet but it takes friggin' FOREVER to load on my otherwise super-fast gaming machine!

What's up with that!? It takes a full minute (or more) for the app to come up and be useable. It is, however, fully functional and quick when it finally does start. I can't imagine what it is doing when loading but I am on high-speed internet and have no issues accessing Nexus at any time. I would really like to get rid of this annoyance.

RE: offline mode, we're looking in to making it official and actually providing you an offline button when the login prompt comes up.

RE: download speeds, still looking in to it. I will say that once we've got offline mode sorted we are going to look to turn off the old download services for previous NMM versions pretty soon after. NMM is in open beta, which means you guys are meant to be helping us to test things. If everyone simply reverted back to old NMM versions when they found a problem then we'd never get anything fixed. I understand if you've reverted to get around NMM breaking errors, but reverting for faster download speeds only means it takes us longer to fix the download speeds with the new services. It's something you're going to have to put up with. The more feedback you give on the topic, the sooner we'll have it fixed.

I love this applet but it takes friggin' FOREVER to load on my otherwise super-fast gaming machine!

If you have a lot of mods installed NMM is known to take quite a long time to load. That's because NMM runs checks on every file before starting. The more mods/files you have, obviously the longer it takes.