Spoilers from beta 1.8

Mardoxx

I agree wholeheartedly, there is no excuse for gamebreaking bugs. Bethesda has been very successful over the last decade there is no doubt in my mind that they had the resources to better polish Skyrim. Yet they DELIBERATELY released broken content anyway, including ripping off Playstation 3 consumers which is messed up on so many levels.

PS3 users were in no way shape or form ripped off.

the DLC content was never promsied for all platofrm, and Bethesda is indeed trying to get it to work.

I find it funny that you say that there is no excuse for releasing buggy content, even though there is but that's another matter, then you bash Bethesda for holding off on releasing Dawnguard for the Ps3 becuase of bugs and poor performance.

Your arguments are contradictory.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 users were in no way shape or form ripped off.

the DLC content was never promsied for all platofrm, and Bethesda is indeed trying to get it to work.

They were ripped off twofold. One, in that the game is fundamentally broken on the Playstation platform due to save file bloat which eventually leads to the player being unable to advance his character. THIS IS COMPLETELY GAME BREAKING, and they knew of this failure when they released the game. Utterly deplorable. Second, is yes they can't get the DLC to work on the platform, a platform that has existed for roughly SIX YEARS. This is just pure incompetence on their part. Had they more integrity, they would have resisted their greedy impulses and just refrained from releasing Skyrim on PS3 altogether. At least that way PS3 consumers wouldn't have spent $60 for a broken product.

Edited by Kraeten

They were ripped off twofold. One, in that the game is fundamentally broken on the Playstation platform due to save file bloat which eventually leads to the player being unable to advance his character. THIS IS COMPLETELY GAME BREAKING, and they knew of this failure when they released the game. Utterly deplorable. Second, is yes they can't get the DLC to work on the platform, a platform that has existed for roughly SIX YEARS. This is just pure incompetence on their part. Had they more integrity, they would have resisted their greedy impulses and just refrained from releasing Skyrim on PS3 altogether. At least that way PS3 consumers wouldn't have spent $60 for a broken product.

Firstly, they fixed a large portion of the same game bloat patches ago.

Secondly, It isn't that the DLC cant work on the platform, the DLC does work on the platform, its just very buggy, and doesn't handle too well performance wise.

Thirdly, most Xbox to Ps3 games suffer from poor quality because its a well known, and well documented fact that the Ps3 is designed like s***, even when the PS3 first game out most game developers pointed out how bad it is, and most Ps3 games have lower performance then their xbox counterpart because of it, its a problem with the Ps3 system itself, and its is known, and document, across multiple games, from many developers. Bethesda is not responsible for how Sony f***ed up the PS3s design.

Fourthly, had Bethesda not released the game on the Ps3 at all you would be sitting here saying that they have no integrity, and are greedy, because they slowed themselves to be bought out by Microsoft

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Firstly, they fixed a large portion of the same game bloat patches ago.

They knowingly released a broken product, then took more than three months to even begin to address the problem with it. And we're supposed to think Bethesda treated Playstation consumers with the same respect they treated their other customers? Get real.

Thirdly, most Xbox to Ps3 games suffer from poor quality because its a well known, and well documented fact that the Ps3 is designed like s***.

SIX YEARS. The Playstation 3 has been on the market for SIX YEARS. That pathetic excuse may have worked for the first two years of its existence but not at this late point in the current gaming generation.

Fourthly, had Bethesda not released the game on the Ps3 at all you would be sitting here saying that they have no integrity, and are greedy, because they slowed themselves to be bought out by Microsoft

Bullcrap. I bought Elder Scrolls Oblivion first for the Xbox 360, before the ps3 version was ever released and I was fine with it being only on the xbox console because the product I spent $60 on actually worked. I'm not angry just to be angry, I'm angry because Bethesda didn't reach a standard of quality and business ethics that they could have and SHOULD have reached.

I'm not angry just to be angry, I'm angry because Bethesda didn't reach a standard of quality and business ethics that they could have and SHOULD have reached.

Exactly so. They have jumped in with M$ and Steam and lost sight of the poor gamers. I really dread what they will do with the next TES game.

Exactly so. They have jumped in with M$ and Steam and lost sight of the poor gamers. I really dread what they will do with the next TES game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Prepare yourselves for TES VI: Modern Warfare.

They knowingly released a broken product, then took more than three months to even begin to address the problem with it. And we're supposed to think Bethesda treated Playstation consumers with the same respect they treated their other customers? Get real.

You are aware that the save game bloat wasn't discovered on the Ps3 because it takes quite a long time to occur, and indeed the save game bloat is dependent on you doing a handful of actions in a game that has millions of possible action combinations.

This is the same tired excuse I hear for every bug "ohh man they KNEW IT WAS THERE", which is bull because entirely ignores the fact that many don't experience the bug because they did things in a different order. You have no idea that they knew of the bloat beforehand, because it is highly likely they didn't have it occur for them.

SIX YEARS. The Playstation 3 has been on the market for SIX YEARS. That pathetic excuse may have worked for the first two years of its existence but not at this late point in the current gaming generation.

And in those six years Sony has yet to fix the problem with the PS3's architecture. You cant just adapt around a fatal flaw within the consoles very hardware, which is exactly why many games beyond Bethesda's games work like crap on the Ps3 compared to their other versions.

The only people who could blame Bethesda for the PS3's poor design are people who know nothing of the problem, or people who choose to ignore what the problem is to hate on a company wrongfully. The first have an excuse, which is ignorance, the second are trolls.

Bullcrap. I bought Elder Scrolls Oblivion first for the Xbox 360, before the ps3 version was ever released and I was fine with it being only on the xbox console because the product I spent $60 on actually worked. I'm not angry just to be angry, I'm angry because Bethesda didn't reach a standard of quality and business ethics that they could have and SHOULD have reached.

Ethics are a nonexistent construct of the human imagination so that we can better label thing in our world, and is a construct whose definition changes between each individual person. Unfortunately for your argument, that we use "ethics" a lot does not negate the fact that it is still nonexistent. Ethics arguments don't work, ever.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

You have no idea that they knew of the bloat beforehand, because it is highly likely they didn't have it occur for them.

Of course they knew of it before hand. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't argue this point. The save file bloat was an issue that plagued Fallout 3's PS3 release. This isn't a new issue. Moreover, before the game's release Bethesda gave out the game a day earlier for websites like IGN to review. Guess what, they only gave out the PC and 360 versions for review. If you think that's a coincidence you're even more oblivious than I thought.

You cant just adapt around a fatal flaw within the consoles very hardware, which is exactly why many games beyond Bethesda's games work like crap on the Ps3 compared to their other versions.

Fatal flaw? You have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that the Playstation 3 splits its memory isn't a flaw but merely a design choice. A design choice Bethesda has had AMBLE time to adapt their game around. The same design choice studios like Infinity Ward and Rockstar already have worked around.

Ethics are a nonexistent construct of the human imagination so that we can better label thing in our world,

:rolleyes: Oh please.

Edited by Kraeten