⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Spoilers from beta 1.8

Mardoxx

In a game as large as Skyrim a number of bugs, even game breaking ones, is to be expected.

It is quite literally impossible for Bethesda to test out the thousands of possible orders in which quests can be done, let alone all the world interactions you can do between then, and find/remove every bug. It has been, and always will be, a fundamental fact that games like Skyrim will be buggy, very much so.

You can either be grateful for the things Bethesda does fix, along with the fact that Bethesda lets people mod their games, thus allowing people to fix all the bugs that they cannot, or sit and whine about something that is literally unchangeable.

And frankly, I don't see how complaining that the sun rises and sets in a predictable pattern is beneficial to anything.

You're right about a fact that in a game this big, dealing with absolutely all bugs is highly difficult and that it's, let's say, very nice of Bethesda to let us do with their product literally what we like via all those wonderful mods, but let's look at it from a different perspective, if you will: they (Bethesda) release a game with countless bigger and smaller bugs, "kindly" allowing us to use mods, thus fixing at least some of the bugs by ourselves and doing their job for them. I mean, I love Skyrim nearly as much as I loved the first Gothic years ago, it's really great, but maybe - just maybe - instead of releasing another DLC or alongside it, they should repair some things in the basic game, like a number of bugged quests and the like.

Edited by Inquart

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo. I wanted to return to Cyrodiil on a wave of euphoria and wage a war of succession for the throne.

Same here - I'd rather get back to Cyrodiil and kick some Thalmor asses there, but I think Solstheim and/or northern Morrowind would be something nice, too. Even more so as I've never actually played neither Morrowind nor Bloodmoon (I know, shame on me); to be more precise, I started TES III, but for reasons I don't remember anymore never have finished it. Nevermind - I just wanted to say that to me, it would be like two games in one: all of Skyrim plus a little bit of Morrowind. Can't wait.

I have just one question to someone who knows TES lore better: correct me if I'm wrong on that, but wasn't Solstheim given to the Dunmer by the Nords after Vvardenfell erupted and Morrowind itself became an inhospitable wasteland?

Its the damn stupid dice roll lol. Its just ridiculous to someone who has been playing Skyrim and Dark Souls lately. I keep trying to stay with it but it still irritates me lol. You reminded me to go back and give it another shot lol.

If you're expecting an entire Province as DLC, you're going to be /heavily/ disappointed.

Sad, but true. Still, I think that Imperial City itself would be enough, for me at least; I'd love to see how the city and its surroundings had changed after the Great War and how much of widely understood "war scars" can still be seen on the land and in the people, if any. Revisiting Bruma - as a city closest to Cyrodiil-Skyrim border - wouldn't hurt also. I really think they (Bethesda) should make some kind of Cyrodiil DLC one day.

Sad, but true. Still, I think that Imperial City itself would be enough, for me at least; I'd love to see how the city and its surroundings had changed after the Great War and how much of widely understood "war scars" can still be seen on the land and in the people, if any. Revisiting Bruma - as a city closest to Cyrodiil-Skyrim border - wouldn't hurt also. I really think they (Bethesda) should make some kind of Cyrodiil DLC one day.

I expect to see a Cyrodiil DLC the day they release a version of TES:V Skyrim without the Skyrim part at the end.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

If you're expecting an entire Province as DLC, you're going to be /heavily/ disappointed.

I personally wouldn't mind if TES:VI was the Imperial City, scaled to the size of Skyrim. But that will never happen. :(

I personally wouldn't mind if TES:VI was the Imperial City, scaled to the size of Skyrim. But that will never happen. :(

that might be fun for a little but. but after a while would get quite dull. All city and no country? No dungeons and caves and ruins etc. No wildlife of any sort really or creatures ( goblins, linchs, giants, Haggravens, spriggans etc)

that would defeat the slogan of the elder scroll games " live another life in another world"

There's the Arboretum.. which was a rather large park. If it's scaled to Skyrim's size, then there could be a cave or two in there, and a spriggan might not be completely out of place. There's also sewers as another dungeon, and abandoned houses could be another type. There were goblins, vampires and rats in the sewers in Oblivion. If it's the whole island that the city was on... then there were a lot of caves on it, and some farmland. In addition, the city was built on an older Ayleid city, so there may be ruins further beneath the sewers to explore. There's wildlife in every city in reality, why would it change for a game? There's lots and lots of countryside in the real world, and some people find it pretty boring, so why is a gigantic city automatically boring?

I also really don't think it would be too much like 'the real world' to make it unfantasy like... it just depends on how the resources are implemented and used. It could be a lot more 'magical' Skyrim if done right. There's now two rival mages groups now for example.. the Synod (which you meet in Skyrim), and the College of Whispers.

But again. This isn't going to happen. *sigh*

I refuse to be grateful for a bunch of bugs, some of which are really game breaking and which Beth themselves have acknowledged to me in writing.

In a game as large as Skyrim a number of bugs, even game breaking ones, is to be expected.

It is quite literally impossible for Bethesda to test out the thousands of possible orders in which quests can be done, let alone all the world interactions you can do between then, and find/remove every bug. It has been, and always will be, a fundamental fact that games like Skyrim will be buggy, very much so.

You can either be grateful for the things Bethesda does fix, along with the fact that Bethesda lets people mod their games, thus allowing people to fix all the bugs that they cannot, or sit and whine about something that is literally unchangeable.

And frankly, I don't see how complaining that the sun rises and sets in a predictable pattern is beneficial to anything.

Bugs that prevent people from actually playing with the content (yes Dawnguard I'm looking at YOU) that they bought? Only today I was looking at YET ANOTHER thread where someone could not progress with the notorious Castle Volkihar/ Harkon won't do his thing/Vampire Lord stuff doesn't work bug. If you think any sensible person is going to be grateful at the thought of Bethesda sniggering all the way to the bank and going "Yah suckers...", then think again.

I really have no idea why you defend Bethesda to such a degree. Especially when I have them on record as saying that they were going to fix that bug as even they acknowledge it as a major issue. They are a large corporation who are taking the you know what out of gamers, and for some people the goods aren't fit for the purpose for which they were intended.

I refuse to be grateful for a bunch of bugs, some of which are really game breaking and which Beth themselves have acknowledged to me in writing.

Bugs that prevent people from actually playing with the content (yes Dawnguard I'm looking at YOU) that they bought? Only today I was looking at YET ANOTHER thread where someone could not progress with the notorious Castle Volkihar/ Harkon won't do his thing/Vampire Lord stuff doesn't work bug. If you think any sensible person is going to be grateful at the thought of Bethesda sniggering all the way to the bank and going "Yah suckers...", then think again.

I really have no idea why you defend Bethesda to such a degree. Especially when I have them on record as saying that they were going to fix that bug as even they acknowledge it as a major issue. They are a large corporation who are taking the you know what out of gamers, and for some people the goods aren't fit for the purpose for which they were intended.

I agree wholeheartedly, there is no excuse for gamebreaking bugs. Bethesda has been very successful over the last decade there is no doubt in my mind that they had the resources to better polish Skyrim. Yet they DELIBERATELY released broken content anyway, including ripping off Playstation 3 consumers which is messed up on so many levels.

Edited by Kraeten