Vortex downloads from Nexus

H311St0rm

So on my laptop which I am using right now, i have "Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)" and it does not behave the same way. It works as intended, when I click the mod manager download link it just has Vortex do a download. No pop-up. So it can't just be Chrome's fault. Something else is also happening . . .

Same here, and I can download with Vortex.

As I've been saying, you must have the NXM extension set to OPEN Vortex, rather than Vortex download it.

First, try this, it's easier...

SETTINGS-------->DOWNLOAD-> turn OFF the Handle Mod Manager Download switch.

Close Vortex completely, start Vortex, go to SETTINGS-------->DOWNLOAD-> turn ON the Handle Mod Manager Download switch.

Close Vortex completely, reopen Vortex, and try to download a mod with Vortex.

If that works (sometimes it takes a couple tries to get the setting to 'stick" in windows) then you're all set.

however...

Click on the notification icon in the bottom right hand sys tray in windows, and pick ALL SETTINGS

type in FILE TYPE in the search that comes up then pick CHOOSE A DEFAULT APP FOR EACH TYPE OF FILE, then wait a little bit, it takes a bit to fill the list

Now scroll down to find NXM, and tell me what it says there.

For some reason, mine says

NXM

Nexus Mod Manager Mod Archive and is associated with Nexus Mod Manager (not Vortex, hmmm)

It is a Chrome bug, if you had clicked the "Don't remind me" prior to Build 77 it will remember that choice. However, you can no longer set that option.

Ok so then that settles why on my laptop I can use it as intended seeing as how I used it some time ago, presumably before Chrome version 77.

To circumvent it would an extension or userscript be in the cards? Just something to send the nxm URI to Vortex in a way that bypasses the typical protocol handler?

Edit: Given Chrome controls 60~% market share in browsers especially.

Yeah I could use an extension :)

Please give me a link if you have one in mind.