Vortex Locks-up when attempting to manage or activate a game

Chaos1369

I uninstalled Vortex and did a search on both HD's and deleted anything to do with Vortex.

I ran IoBit Advanced System Care to clean out the regestry.

I reinstalled the default Vortex (Vortex-1-1-1-5-1575885676).

I set the mod folders to the D: (D:\Vortex Downloads and D:\Vortex Mods) where my games are located. (D:\games)

The same thing happens. Steam games have no problems with or without UAC active.

GOG games I get the same response.(see post #33 first picture). UAC active or not.

Anything else we can look at or try?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the games were set to run as administrator.

Also, Even though they show up in Vortex as managed, no folder is created in either the downloads or mods folders.

Hmmm, I don't think the folder in Downloads and Mods gets created until you download and install a mod?

I actually don't remember, but I know that I only made a BASE Downloads, and a BASE Mods folder, and then they were automatically created by vortex when they were needed.

Your problem is baffling me, usually everything suggested has worked for other people, but I don't know WHY Vortex is refusing to let you see the Mod Directory Tab

I'm wondering if you could try this...

Only do this if you have Nothing to lose as far as other games you've modded with Vortex with hundreds of mods, that work.

Rename the appdata\roaming\vortex folder to something else like VortexOLD

Then reinstall Vortex and let it create a new folder, maybe there's something glitched in that old Vortex folder, and a fresh install (Kind of like when you delete your Bethesda game INI file and let the game create a brand new clean one)

The appdata folder is new, I deleted the old folder.

When I manage a steam game, it creates a sub folder in the "Vortex Downloads" flolder. (Fallout 4 & Fallout NV)

When I activate it and install a mod, it creates a sub folder in the "Vortex Mods" folder.

Neither sub folders are created when I try to manage a GOG Game. (Grim Dawn & Divinity Original Sin 2)

I know it has to be something on this computer, but I have no idea where to look next.

The appdata folder is new, I deleted the old folder.

When I manage a steam game, it creates a sub folder in the "Vortex Downloads" flolder. (Fallout 4 & Fallout NV)

When I activate it and install a mod, it creates a sub folder in the "Vortex Mods" folder.

Neither sub folders are created when I try to manage a GOG Game. (Grim Dawn & Divinity Original Sin 2)

I know it has to be something on this computer, but I have no idea where to look next.

Hmmm, sounds like the Vortex Extensions for Grim Dawn and Divinity Original Sin 2 need to have a bug report filed.

Your Steam games are working fine, and you're only having a problem with the GOG games.

Do you know how to report a bug in vortex?

Click on the 3 vertical dots in Vortex to the right of your Avatar in the upper right corner, and pick SEND FEEDBACK------------>BUG REPORT

• 3 weeks later...

Hadtoregister,

I've tried everything I can think of . About the only thing left is to reinstall windows and start over.

Not Ready To Do That Yet.

I haven't heard anything from the bug report, so, I'll wait and see what happens.