Additional scrap cars! - Decorative

EdgeUK90

I know that this isn't a car but it's a modders resource for a vehicle that's just begging for a texture;

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31041

Now that is interesting! May be able to put a twist on that..

UPDATE:

The long awaited 0.2b release is here!!! Grab it now!!

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42723/

:cool: :cool:

-Edge

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at all the various pictures (on the beta mod page)... These are just all so beautiful!

But I must admit - I do have an issue... I know the 'Highwayman' already exists in Fallout, and yours is a pretty good replication of it. BUT, it and the 'Gran Destino', as beautiful as they are? The don't look/feel particularly "Fallout", especially when sitting right next to cars from the Vanilla game. The Cutlass and the Barracuda both 'fit in' VERY well by comparison.

If you have any 'lore' reasoning for why the Highwayman looks SO different from the Vanilla vehicles, then I'd love to hear it, by all means... But right now, it and the Gran Destino look just a bit too 'real world' to feel like they "fit".

...sorry... ^^;

Oh! Another question - Are you planning on adding service vehicles? AS in Police cars, taxis, ambulances, Fire trucks, etc? (New Military vehicles too obviously)?

~JD

Looking at all the various pictures (on the beta mod page)... These are just all so beautiful!

But I must admit - I do have an issue... I know the 'Highwayman' already exists in Fallout, and yours is a pretty good replication of it. BUT, it and the 'Gran Destino', as beautiful as they are? The don't look/feel particularly "Fallout", especially when sitting right next to cars from the Vanilla game. The Cutlass and the Barracuda both 'fit in' VERY well by comparison.

If you have any 'lore' reasoning for why the Highwayman looks SO different from the Vanilla vehicles, then I'd love to hear it, by all means... But right now, it and the Gran Destino look just a bit too 'real world' to feel like they "fit".

...sorry... ^^;

Oh! Another question - Are you planning on adding service vehicles? AS in Police cars, taxis, ambulances, Fire trucks, etc? (New Military vehicles too obviously)?

~JD

Technically, before Fallout 3, most cars in Fallout were pretty normal. If oversized. There's Ford Thunderbirds in Fallout 1. The Highwayman, which is a Plymouth Fury, in 2. They intended to have a Volkswagon in another game, and had an Impala in Van Buren I believe. 3 exaggerated the style a bit more, same with 4. But you can still see normal cars in Fallout, like the pickup truck in New Vegas. Plus the normal bus and jeep in Fallout 76. So they're not really that out of place in my opinion.

Edited by redrich

...sorry... ^^;

~JD

Thank you for the observation & very good point indeed.

The two Chryslus models are supposed to be older models from the line-up All-beit thoroughbreds.

The Highwayman I solely did not wish to wonder from the Fo2 design too much - this meant keeping its older styling.

The Gran Destino is of the same time period & therefore I used older styling on this too,

The Cutlass & Barracuda are new model line-ups to the game (Released in 2076 & 2077) Hence they are abit more futuristic.

- I hope this clarifies things for you.

Update, The newest vehicle in the 'Military' Package coming to ASC - Fo4's intro movie & Concept art 'Missile Launcher'

Fo4-Missile-Truck-10.jpg Fo4-Missile-Truck-11.jpg

More soon.

-Edge

Thank you for the observation & very good point indeed.

The two Chryslus models are supposed to be older models from the line-up All-beit thoroughbreds.

The Highwayman I solely did not wish to wonder from the Fo2 design too much - this meant keeping its older styling.

The Gran Destino is of the same time period & therefore I used older styling on this too,

The Cutlass & Barracuda are new model line-ups to the game (Released in 2076 & 2077) Hence they are abit more futuristic.

- I hope this clarifies things for you.

It does a bit at least... Maybe going forward you'll get the opportunity to add 1 or 2 (or more) 'transitional' designs, to help "blur the line" between the two eras?

Update, The newest vehicle in the 'Military' Package coming to ASC - Fo4's intro movie & Concept art 'Missile Launcher'

Fo4-Missile-Truck-10.jpg Fo4-Missile-Truck-11.jpg

That looks pretty sweet so far! Can't wait to see the 'finished' version (Doubt any of the 'post-war' wrecks would have any missiles left though, for various reasons... ^^; ). BONUS - The chassis itself, minus the missiles and their launchers, as already nearly perfect to use as the basis for multiple variants - That 'Fallout Tactics' Heavy APC for example, or maybe a 'cargo' version with just a big flat-bed. Oh! To work WITH the launchers, maybe a version with some sort of big radar/control pod on the back!

Honestly... Part of the reason I even brought up 'military vehicles' at all was the hope that you'd say something about intending to replace those horrendous Vanilla "Heavy Tanks" - Those things are just disgusting on so many levels... If I were to proffer a suggestion for what to replace them WITH, I think the most obvious real-world example of something suitably 'over the top' (but still existing and thus retaining at least SOME realism), would be the M60A2, aka the "Starship" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_tank#M60A2 - It would need to be tarted up a bit still, given a bit more of an 'art-deco sci-fi' feel (Track covers similar to the missile carrier?).

Anyway, keep up the good work!

~JD

Edited by JonarusDrakus

Yes I do intend to make a few more passenger based vehicles - although I am taking a break from those for the moment to focus on the military vehicles.

I apologize I appear to have forgotten to answer your question - There will be more commercial / industry type vehicles on the way - including taxi's & Police cars. I aim to do these after the military package (I have had people screaming at me for militant vehicles so I guess now is the time!)

I am not sure If I am going to be adding another tank - Although it does seem to be one of the things users want the most - So I may do, Thank you for the suggestion on the base model :thumbsup:

Progress on the Missile Carrier / Launcher:

Fo4-Missile-Truck-13.jpg Fo4-Missile-Truck-14.jpg

[EDIT] Final progress images fot today:

Fo4-Missile-Truck-17.jpg Fo4-Missile-Truck-18.jpg

More Soon.

- Edge

Edited by EdgeUK90

Honestly... Part of the reason I even brought up 'military vehicles' at all was the hope that you'd say something about intending to replace those horrendous Vanilla "Heavy Tanks" - Those things are just disgusting on so many levels... If I were to proffer a suggestion for what to replace them WITH, I think the most obvious real-world example of something suitably 'over the top' (but still existing and thus retaining at least SOME realism), would be the M60A2, aka the "Starship" - https://en.wikipedia.../M60_tank#M60A2 - It would need to be tarted up a bit still, given a bit more of an 'art-deco sci-fi' feel (Track covers similar to the missile carrier?).

The M60 Starship is very nice. But IMHO it has a much later 1960's feel. If I may suggest take a look at this bad boy:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/images/1/19/GarageImage_M46_%22Tiger%22.jpg

Its a Medium Tank M46 Patton. You must admit its still has the familiar bulky look to it -yet it sheds away the ridiculous aspects of the FO4 tanks.

Oh! This is a shot in the dark but I have to ask...

Have you heard or read about Fallout London? Seeing your jaw dropping car designs, I can easily imagine you coming up with a gorgeous London black cab for that mod. Just sayin' :)

I like your current mod progress and cant wait for me to do a full clean install and pop it in the data folder.

Its late here, too much coffee, going to bed.