Star Wars Epidode 7

JimboUK

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, have a bad bad feeling about this! Still miracles can happen, can't they?

Lucasfilm will still be making it so I guess a lot depends on the level of interferance from Disney, this will be the person largely responsible for it, sadly Lucas himself is still involved. :facepalm:

Wheras "didney worl" speech tends to portray the sense that Disney think everywho that watches their films is somehow cognitively impared.

"u'd da fawsh mickey, guh-huh!"

In fairness... Back then... They were. The average adult didn't have more than a 8th grade education (about 4th grade by current standards for math, and science). The height of Disney growth was related to the baby boom following WWII, so almost everything was designed to appeal to the masses of children, which is why most of the humor tends to be clean, based on situations or aspects related to that character. Individual characters were often only identifiable by their own unique means of talking or voice due to the crude illustrations that made up the early cartoons. It was established in an era with a totally different sense of what is entertaining or even appropriate for children.

You are correct about that Vagrant, my Grandfather hails from that time and is an idiot.

To be the devil's advocate, they DID also take over Marvel recently, and look what resulted from that. Avengers. Pretty OK movie that.

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-star-wars-now-available/

Disney is gonna bank alone on this.

It's actually a really fun game, it's based on Episode IV (with possible V and VI added later), which is always awesome :D I have the demo right now and I'm thinking of purchasing it tomorrow. I was actually quite surprised it was only $4.95 like the rest of the PC versions of AB. I though it was going to be more expensive :P

Yeah, The Avengers was pretty decent. I dunno...it's going to take a lot to make Star Wars as awesome as it used to be.

Looks like the original cast are interested. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9658785/Harrison-Ford-open-to-Star-Wars-Han-Solo-return.html

Disney made quite a few good movies lately, let's hope they don't destroy the star wars franchise...

I don't think they can make them any worse than the prequels.

What was so wrong with the prequels? I enjoyed them all and I don't see where it went all wrong.

Jar jar, moaning sulky anakin, nothing happened of any significance most of the time, and of course darth vader's 'NNOOOOO!' (shudders), to name a few.

I didn't completely dislike like them, after all it's better than most of the shite released but it felt wrong half the time.

What was so wrong with the prequels? I enjoyed them all and I don't see where it went all wrong.

1. Midichlorians.

2. Lack of focused story due to constant transitions between groups.

3. Numerous and horrible plot-holes (really ask yourself why the whole Pod-race thing was needed in EP 1 from a plot perspective) (Or how a kid in a starfighter, even with help of the force, could just fly right into the base which is controlling the whole invasion and single-handedly, and unwittingly, blow it up ending the whole battle).

4. Some actors (actresses) who couldn't act their way out of a paper bag (not counting Jar Jar and the whole Gungan race).

5. Too many scenes discussing space politics to the point where even the real nerds were getting bored.

6. Useless Jedi powers and overly choreographed saber fights (watch Ep 5, compare that to 1, 2, 3).

7. No Lando.

8. Overly elaborate scenes with too many moving parts to distract you from what is actually going on.

9. Product placement (namely s*** that was only there so they could make a toy of it).

10. George Lucas having too much creative freedom.

*edit*

Incidentally... This.

http://chainsawsuit.com/2012/11/01/an-end-to-complaining/

I'm not a big fan of Disney or anything, but they have recently gotten their head screwed on fairly well. Acquired employees like this man,Ed Catmull, made some sound investments (Mavel), huge films (Pirates), and have created several new successful franchises.

Then there is Lucasarts... :mellow:

I only wish they wrenched away the Indiana Jones franchise sooner. :pinch:

Edited by Ghogiel