Congrats UK for choosing sanity

MrJoseCuervo

I do so hope that mr Johnson will apply the principle of "No deal is better than a bad deal" in regards to the forthcoming discussions with the fourth Reich concerning trade and what not.. As I remember He stipulated that 2020 (or, the end of) would be the time-frame for any agreement, as I do know that the Reich (current HQ in Bruxelles) takes a minimum of 5-7 years to "negotiate" even a trade-agreement with Guinea-Bissau I "fear" that there will be NO agreement in 2020.. which leads me yo the question..will, mr Johnson, honor his promise and leave on WTO terms? or will these socalled negotiations with the Reich drag on and on , effectively keeping Britain tied to the monstrosity that is the EU ? in any event, I congratulate Britain on the first step away from the pit of snakes...

What leads you to believe that UK will actually leave the EU? It's already been many years, and UK is no closer to leaving, than they were when these conversations first started.

oh,just that Britain leaves on 31 January 2020 and then have a year to negotiate a deal with the fourth reich.. and mr johnson has previously stated that the negotiations will be ended in 2020, with or without a deal..He just got rid of the rubbish remainers and it should be clear sailng from here... but I hesitate to trust him fully

I will revisit this thread in February then, after we see if he actually does it, or not. :D

I have a rather strong distrust of politicians in general, regardless of what country they are in.

I too shall revisit.. Either to lament another deception or, to celebrate the birth of a truthful politician (and no, Trump does not count, He is truthful and keeps his promises but, He is not a politician).. Have a Merry Christmas and a splendid New Year...

The one thing the UK election does is bring clarity. Boris Johnson ran on a message of getting Brexit done and basically thumped the opposition. It is in effect a second referendum decided on a clear question. When May ran they ran a muddled campaign (mainly because most of her team were Remainer,s) and she got a mixed result. This time there is no doubt. And Labour is in serious trouble. What they call the Red Wall has had some serious holes punched into it.Places that hadn't voted Conservative for 50 - 60 - even up to 100 years almost , switched sides.

I would say Labour is in for an internal bloodletting , where all these leftist radicals Corbyn brought in are going to tear the party apart trying to hold onto what they gained under Corbyn. Simply put there is going to be a war for the soul of the Labour Party.

what soul ? between the anit-semites the looney radicals, the Fabians and the "celebrities" I would challenge you to find one soul combined.. Labour, like most Social-Democratic Parties in Europe sold their soul (and their base) in the seventies when they were swamped with Students and radical "intellectuals".. since then It has been a race to the left and now they are at the extreme end of the line where they have joined up with the extreme Right.. Labour is now reminiscent of Herr. Hynkels Party in words and deeds (see Antifa and so forth) there are no workers, there are no shopkeepers and no "average income" representatives or members of the leadership, only University slobs and fanatical Communists.. no wonder their voters left them, imagine being in the same club as those slovenly blobs of hysterical tantrums and greedy Climate-Cultists ? I would revoke my membership too...

The one thing the UK election does is bring clarity. Boris Johnson ran on a message of getting Brexit done and basically thumped the opposition. It is in effect a second referendum decided on a clear question. When May ran they ran a muddled campaign (mainly because most of her team were Remainer,s) and she got a mixed result. This time there is no doubt. And Labour is in serious trouble. What they call the Red Wall has had some serious holes punched into it.Places that hadn't voted Conservative for 50 - 60 - even up to 100 years almost , switched sides.

I would say Labour is in for an internal bloodletting , where all these leftist radicals Corbyn brought in are going to tear the party apart trying to hold onto what they gained under Corbyn. Simply put there is going to be a war for the soul of the Labour Party.

what soul ? between the anit-semites the looney radicals, the Fabians and the "celebrities" I would challenge you to find one soul combined.. Labour, like most Social-Democratic Parties in Europe sold their soul (and their base) in the seventies when they were swamped with Students and radical "intellectuals".. since then It has been a race to the left and now they are at the extreme end of the line where they have joined up with the extreme Right.. Labour is now reminiscent of Herr. Hynkels Party in words and deeds (see Antifa and so forth) there are no workers, there are no shopkeepers and no "average income" representatives or members of the leadership, only University slobs and fanatical Communists.. no wonder their voters left them, imagine being in the same club as those slovenly blobs of hysterical tantrums and greedy Climate-Cultists ? I would revoke my membership too...

The left in the US hasn't quite figured out yet that all these programs they are advocating, which they have no idea how they are going to pay for, (mainly because, there IS no way for them to pay for them) and all their talking about taking away our rights, (that are protected by the constitution....) is WHY folks are abandoning them. Of course, the folks they are promising money to, will still vote for them, but, I seriously doubt that is going to help them much. (as those folks generally vote dem anyway.) What they don't seem to understand is, only the extremists agree with them, even the majority of their own party don't want most of the stuff they are blathering on about. Anyone with a smart to fold over and rub on itself, should understand that their 'economic plans' are simply not possible. Then we get into the whole 'green new deal', and its various iterations...... and there is another HUGE pile of money that the dems don't know where it will come from........ because there simply isn't that much money to be had, anywhere. It is simply too expensive to be workable.

I suspect come election time, the dems are going to get spanked. The republicans will re-take the house, and retain the senate, and the oval office. Not really a scene I am looking forward to, but, no way on god's little green acre am I even considering voting dem. Not just no......

Yes that is what has happened and that is what they are going to have to excise. Will they succeed dunno , but the knives have already started to come out. I'm just waiting for someone to claim Russia interfered. Russia , Russia , Russia because these ideologues in Labour are going to need a bogeyman to explain their failure. And that too looking for a bogeyman has started also.

Yes that is what has happened and that is what they are going to have to excise. Will they succeed dunno , but the knives have already started to come out. I'm just waiting for someone to claim Russia interfered. Russia , Russia , Russia because these ideologues in Labour are going to need a bogeyman to explain their failure. And that too looking for a bogeyman has started also.

If they do point to Russia it will prove the Globalist forces involved on both continents. We must dismantle these tyrants.

If they do point to Russia it will prove the Globalist forces involved on both continents. We must dismantle these tyrants.

People just need to realize Russians are people too. Then move on from there ... and I'll just leave the rest for people to realize for themselves ... cuz it always sticks better if people do their own learning.

• 1 month later...

Will the Brexit also have some consequences onto the Nexus sites?

As far as I know it's a UK-based site.

Sure, Brexit is all new and negotiations about how things will go on in the future are still running.

Guess no one knows how the internet security laws or other points that might be interesting for this site turn out.

Any prognoses?

How the internet behaves is its own thing outside of brexit.

Like for example of late ... have you noticed google searches are less forthcoming in offering what could be called free information access ? More and more google queries are getting routed to parties offering the information with a tit for tat ... basically they want information out of you first.

But will sites based in UK now start demanding a tea time social experience ? Hehe ...

Nah I don't think so ... but they are not outside of the world wide trend to cull the free exchange of information that is happening as we speak.

And imo ... looking at a larger picture ... mankind in general has not become better by what the internet has provided for information being freely accessible at our fingertips.

I think it has just made people more stupid ... because they didn't have to work for and retain the information. They just expect their brain to be maintained and available from the cloud. Which puts them in a vulnerable situation since the cloud (their brain) could easily be ripped away from them.