two things i'm wondering about

Scarhunter75

i have the scrap everything mod, and other mods, I haven't had any real problems with the mods i've used, but i noticed two things

1 - in sanctuary, i find the house with the computer(i think it's also the one with the explosives attached to a safe) the computer gets scrapped, but the desk that the computer was on doesn't seem to be able to be scrapped.

2 - and i noticed the workshop benches don't get scrapped (I figure it might cause other issues, i don't know)

i can live with the workshop benches not being able to be scrapped, i figure there is a good reason it can't be scrapped

i can put flooring or maybe a foundry under the workshop bench, the only other thing to work it out is if someone makes workshop benches to be able to be built with the crafting bench

the one I mostly want is to get that desk from the house with the computer on it next to the safe with the explosives attached to it

(edited to add i found a message on the scrap everything mod bug reporting) (i did notice the message on the scrap everything mod, says the "unscrappable" desk is being looked at,

Edited by Scarhunter75

Are you sure you don't have a mod that affects that area? I have no problem scrapping things is Sanctuary - hell, in my current playthrough I scrapped everything, one house at a time, to start building the town over. (Explosives? not in my game)

As for the workbench, try one of the mods that allow you to move it. I use Move That Wokbench from here on the Nexus. Works for me.

There are numerous settlements with objects that cannot be scrapped in an unmodded game. One of the mattresses at Tenpines Bluff, for example.

If you want to get serious with settlement building, there are two essential mods. "Scrap Everything" and "Place Everywhere". Do NOT use "Spring Cleaning". It's horribly outdated and it was created before the CK was even released.

Both "Scrap Everything" and "Place Everywhere" still get updates and have an almost complete list of scrapping recipes. The few things that still cannot be scrapped with "Scrap Everything" can be scrapped using "Place Everywhere" (hit the INS key on your keyboard after enabling hotkeys as stated in the mod page description). The unscrappables will get removed but you won't get any resources from them.

Workbenches obviously aren't scrappable, because they are the "anchor" of the settlement. If you look around the Settlement Build menu you also realize that you can't build a new one. It has certain scripts attached to it that are necessary to run the settlement. If you were to "scrap" them via console commands (disable -> marfordelete), your settlement is completely broken and unusable until you reload a previous save.

The safest bet to move a workbench used to be a mod called "Workshop Workbench Marker" but unfortunately some of the recent Bugthesda updates broke it, so you can move a workbench only one time. The other method involves "Place Everywhere" with the INS key, it lets you move and place objects that aren't movable otherwise. Be reasonable about it, don't move the workbench outside of the green border and also don't move it more than one cell away from its original location. It might or might not break your settlement (aka not being able to send settlers there or create supply lines).

Edited by metaphorset

Never had issue with that. One area for me is Red Rocket I am never able to scrap the trash under the workbench in the garage.

Yeah, thats annoying. They littered up the cell, before adding the workshop. Then placed the workshop on top of the litter.

The Castle has a lot of that going on too, where layers of the litter are stacked atop each other and it's difficult to manually scrap it.

There are numerous settlements with objects that cannot be scrapped in an unmodded game. One of the mattresses at Tenpines Bluff, for example.

If you want to get serious with settlement building, there are two essential mods. "Scrap Everything" and "Place Everywhere". Do NOT use "Spring Cleaning". It's horribly outdated and it was created before the CK was even released.

Both "Scrap Everything" and "Place Everywhere" still get updates and have an almost complete list of scrapping recipes. The few things that still cannot be scrapped with "Scrap Everything" can be scrapped using "Place Everywhere" (hit the INS key on your keyboard after enabling hotkeys as stated in the mod page description). The unscrappables will get removed but you won't get any resources from them.

Workbenches obviously aren't scrappable, because they are the "anchor" of the settlement. If you look around the Settlement Build menu you also realize that you can't build a new one. It has certain scripts attached to it that are necessary to run the settlement. If you were to "scrap" them via console commands (disable -> marfordelete), your settlement is completely broken and unusable until you reload a previous save.

The safest bet to move a workbench used to be a mod called "Workshop Workbench Marker" but unfortunately some of the recent Bugthesda updates broke it, so you can move a workbench only one time. The other method involves "Place Everywhere" with the INS key, it lets you move and place objects that aren't movable otherwise. Be reasonable about it, don't move the workbench outside of the green border and also don't move it more than one cell away from its original location. It might or might not break your settlement (aka not being able to send settlers there or create supply lines).

I'm thinking this would be ok, but asking for other opinions. How big is a cell? i'm thinking about moving the Starlight Drive in workshop out of that li'l shed, and into the space inside the ruined screen, or up next to the concession area? That'd be ok, wouldn't it?

I'm thinking this would be ok, but asking for other opinions. How big is a cell? i'm thinking about moving the Starlight Drive in workshop out of that li'l shed, and into the space inside the ruined screen, or up next to the concession area? That'd be ok, wouldn't it?

You can display the cell borders within the game by opening the ingame console (Tilde key) and typing "toggleborders" or "tb".

If you look around, you find black and yellow striped and light-blue borders sticking out of the ground. The black and yellow striped borders mark the cells. (The light-blue borders aren't that much important here).

Moving the workshop at Starlight from the shack to the building behind the screen works perfectly, that's where I always move it and I never had problems with settlers or supply lines so far.

The mod "Settlement Management Software" comes with a terminal with various settlement management purposes. It also comes with a great side effect. If you set it up near your workbench, after you moved it and it shows the error message "not a valid settlement", you probably moved your workshop "out of bounds" (that's not necessarily the green border, it's the "Workshop Sandbox primitives" you can only see in the Creation Kit.

Generally, don't move it too far from its original location and also not too close to the green border.

Hmmmmm. So I was just looking over Settlement Management Software. This caught my eye.

Identify those pesky synths among your settlers

:D

Now granted, I haven't messed with settlements in quite a while, but That right there, sounds kinda handy!

Heya, HeyYou - I may check that out as well. Thanks!