⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8th November...

This happened on the 8th of November, and I find out about it on 21st December, through facebook. Why the hell was this not notified through emails?

Why did it take so long for this to actually come out? What were you doing?

In response to post #75838293.

bjornvaldr wrote: You don't think alerting us the moment this sort of thing happens and instead waiting an entire month to tell us is a bad idea?

I'm sure they wanted to gather as much information as possible so they could dispath the information properly, not to mention, it costed the Nexus time and money to notify everyone, no matter who.

Thank you, Nexus. I'm sure it will be fine. After this, I'm sure you'll be more secure anyways. Sometimes it has to happen. I know some websites pay people to hack a private server with nothing at all in it, just to find holes in their security. I don't know if you have the budget for that. Those Software Security Research groups are pretty expensive. But if you would, consider doing it in house with your own techs. You might find an easy way to improve your site security.

In response to post #75838293. #75839753 is also a reply to the same post.

bjornvaldr wrote: You don't think alerting us the moment this sort of thing happens and instead waiting an entire month to tell us is a bad idea?
RockenJenAnn wrote: I'm sure they wanted to gather as much information as possible so they could dispath the information properly, not to mention, it costed the Nexus time and money to notify everyone, no matter who.

So RockenJenAnn, if you ever have a family bereavement and the police come to tell you about it... seven weeks after the old man's stroke and later death you'll be ok with it will you?
"well Ms RocketJenAnn, several weeks ago a close relative of yours had an accident, He suffered a stroke and the fell down the stairs and was admitted to Hospital with a suspected fractured skull and a bruised arm within the hour, during his stay he contracted pneumonia and died three weeks later from complications... we thought we'd wait until we had all the details before contacting you so we could be sure that he was dead!"
Gooday maaaaaaaaam!

Guest deleted34304850

In response to post #75838293. #75839753 is also a reply to the same post.

RockenJenAnn wrote: I'm sure they wanted to gather as much information as possible so they could dispath the information properly, not to mention, it costed the Nexus time and money to notify everyone, no matter who.

So RockenJenAnn, if you ever have a family bereavement and the police come to tell you about it... seven weeks after the old man's stroke and later death you'll be ok with it will you?

"well Ms RocketJenAnn, several weeks ago a close relative of yours had an accident, He suffered a stroke and the fell down the stairs and was admitted to Hospital with a suspected fractured skull and a bruised arm within the hour, during his stay he contracted pneumonia and died three weeks later from complications... we thought we'd wait until we had all the details before contacting you so we could be sure that he was dead!"

Gooday maaaaaaaaam!

That is very surreal. I don't think you can make a more disparate comparison.

In response to post #75838928.

Termin8rSmurf wrote: 8th November...

This happened on the 8th of November, and I find out about it on 21st December, through facebook. Why the hell was this not notified through emails?

You wrote this 20 December claiming you found out about it on 21 December. You must be retroactively precognitive or just haven't found out about it yet.

In response to post #75838928. #75843148 is also a reply to the same post.

Termin8rSmurf wrote: 8th November...

Emrek wrote: You wrote this 20 December claiming you found out about it on 21 December. You must be retroactively precognitive or just haven't found out about it yet.

Emrek, time zones exist. If you see the 20th that means you live behind Termin8rSmurf.