Not a fan of the forced 12 character passwords

Usmovers02

For now it's just a mild annoyance but with more and more passwords I have to remember due to different requirements the more likely I am to lose access to this site if I lose my e-mail. Really wish you guys stuck with the normal 8 characters, uppercase, lowercase, number and symbol rules a lot of places do.

Guest deleted34304850

get a password manager - problem solved.

or write it down on a sticky note and stick it to your monitor - no-one will ever think of looking there.

Buy a little black address book at a Stationary Shop and use it to record the websites, usernames, passwords and other details alphabetically. If you get hacked then no one will get this information from your computer.

The Rabbit

Buy a little black address book at a Stationary Shop and use it to record the websites, usernames, passwords and other details alphabetically. If you get hacked then no one will get this information from your computer.

The Rabbit

Wonderful idea. Let's go back to paper and pen in the digital age.

The Rabbit

Nobody has ever hacked a book, youngster.

The Rabbit

The Rabbit

It may have been a sarcastic suggestion, but it would work. Just because it's an old method doesn't mean it's a bad one. Cause if someone breaks into his house, the list of passwords for all his websites is the last thing he should be worried about.

KEEPASS

Free password manager, I've been using it since before some Nexus Members were born.

BEST password manager, AND FREE.

This. KeePass works great, is cross platform (Windows, Linux, Android, and likely Mac), and open source. There's pretty much zero reason not to use it, in my opinion.

If someone has the necessary access to your computer to inject a DLL file (KeeFarce method) then no amount of security is going to help you. And, research hint, several of those issues raised by your links have been addressed by the KeePass team and the others (such as using hashcat) are based on 'simple passwords' versus what you should actually be using for the KeePass master password or are based on you making a major mistake (downloading a compromised version of KeePass from a shady website). And if something like hashcat can literally brute-force your KeePass master password in 12 minutes you are doing it wrong.

My recommendation stands.