Uploaded images

demidekidasu

Hi everyone,

I want to first make it clear that I am not going to criticise the quality of any images whatsoever, nor am I going to do any "name and shame" stuff. This post is not the time nor place for that, it is just me ranting about something that irritates me :P

So, I see a really nice image uploaded to the image share section. I click on it and BAM! Face full of other images in the description box.

Seriously. This really irritates me. I have no objection when it is a short story type thing, where there is a sequence of images, just when there are random other images from the uploader put there. I start scrolling down to view comments and it takes FOR. EVER.

Please share your thoughts. Does it irritate you too, or am I just odd? lol

I have noticed a new trend starting with this but I wouldn't say i'm irritated by it, however it does just seem like a way to get around the posting limit the nexus set up.

It's not really my cup of tea but it seems to please some users. The first time I noticed this concept was by jim uk for NV who actually made them funny and did them in one image, but as they say comedy is the hardest job in the world and when people try to replicate it and it fails I can't help but :facepalm: Most for skyrim don't do this though they seem to try and makes serious or romantic stories using their screens which is...up to them I guess.

I'm pretty sure others did this before in oblivion before that anyway I guess it's just the pattern when a game has been out for a while and mod market gets a little thin.

Edited by Ironman5000

I still have dread from when I used to have dial-up internet, so yeah it irritates me a bit. :P

Hehe, I still have that mindset somewhat... Where I live, it's not a good internet connection so the best possible speed is around 3mb tops. To many out there this would probably feel like dial-up compared to their fancy-pants hypernet lol

As I keep telling people - Our internet is much better because your downloads last longer! :P

I don't mind it so much, especially as BlackRampage says, hitting the 'End' key bypasses them, but it's mainly done by people trying to tell a story. You can't do that by posting separate images, and as jim_uk and others have tried, getting 5 stitched together images to fit in 1.5MB means a LOT of quality loss. The only way to stop it is to disable BB code on the image share and annoy a hell of a lot of posters, myself included. Alternatively, turn the image share into a different, more mainstream animal altogether with maybe 5MB limit for members and 10 MB for Premium, but that's gonna cost loadsa moo-la, and I kind of get the impression the imageshare section has always been more of a tacked on afterthought than a fully developed area. But that's just my 2 cents.

It's preferable to uploading a pile of images thus burying other peoples, if you spend hours on an image the last thing you want is a couple of people coming along and knocking your effort off the front page by uploading five images at a time. Also I make comic strips and I simply cannot get them in under the 1.5 MB limit, that leaves two choices, clutter the imageshare up with multiple entries that may or may not be read in the correct order or embed the lot under one title image.

Ah, but, as I said in my OP, that's not the sort of thing I'm talking about. I don't mind if they are a story or otherwise related, I'm talking about when you get a face full of random images.

I know it's not against the rules or anything - and I'm not suggesting it should be either - I'm just having a rant because it annoys me :P

I can see how those on slower connections would find it slightly annoying, that said I still think it's preferable to cluttering the place up. Also if the embedded images are hosted elsewhere it saves the sites bandwidth or to use the correct term, money.

demidekidasu, I feel about the same way about the pictures added in description. Since there is a limited number people can post, I also feel people are pushing things and saying "nyah nyah" at the rules. There's many a time I want to ask the poster which picture are we suppose to endorse.

As per the lengthy stories, a paragraph can often do. Also, there is an old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words"