Barrett m82 Sniper Rifle

SpacemanSpIiff

Having it as a completely unique weapon would be kind of pooey, in my opinion. It definitely needs to be a very, very rare weapon, but if there were only one instance of the weapon in the game then finding ammunition would be impossible without cheating. Perhaps there can be a small chance of Enclave or Brotherhood of Steel knights that carry this weapon? Obviously keep it very rare, but there would have to be more copies of the weapon in order for it to make sense that there's a bit of ammunition laying around.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having it as a completely unique weapon would be kind of pooey, in my opinion. It definitely needs to be a very, very rare weapon, but if there were only one instance of the weapon in the game then finding ammunition would be impossible without cheating. Perhaps there can be a small chance of Enclave or Brotherhood of Steel knights that carry this weapon? Obviously keep it very rare, but there would have to be more copies of the weapon in order for it to make sense that there's a bit of ammunition laying around.

If it were possible, it would be nice to show the rifle (or any unique weapon) and one of the rounds to the master at arms in the brotherhood armoury and after a few detailed conversation choices, have them come up with a way of manufacturing the weapon and new ammunition for you after an in game week.

5 pages over a single gun, Modders take note. The community WANTS this gun.

Loving the ideas with how one can get the ammo. I agree that the ammo press should be an accessory you buy seperatly for your home, And if thats not possible then it should go as one of the already ingame workbench options. Maybe a seperate 'sister' topic should be opened up about this. :whistling:

As for the Barret's rarity, I like the idea of the brother hood having them But that leaves a problem for good characters to get one, since i was never able to join them, i couldnt go around and just murder the BoS. So that may not be a good idea. I personally think 1 copy should be able to be found in an armory, and since you made a very valid point about how that would make ammo unbarably rare, then it would also have to be an extremely rare find from enemies in game. Raiders, Talon company for example. Maybe Super Mutant Masters can have it on the rare occasion as well.

Edit: The Sniper in Lyon's pride would love to have a barret too ;)

*snip* It would be nice to show the rifle (or any unique weapon) and one of the rounds to the master at arms in the brotherhood armoury and after a few detailed conversation choices, have them come up with a way of manufacturing the weapon and new ammunition for you after an in game week.

Also, once they can manufacture them for you, you could start seeing them on the occasional BoS soldier. Take THAT you Outcast berks!

Sakura,

Where is that model from and did you optimize at all? The pics note nearly 20k faces which will be too much, high poly will need to be baked to a low poly for fine details, the engine can handle anywhere 5k just fine i'm sure.

The UVW unwrap is also bunk, just look like a box projection. That model would need to be unwrapped properly occupying all of the uv space.

My only concern is the rigging and animation, a reload and jam animation, that would need to be set up and properly brought into the engine.

Lhammonds posted the download to it on page one, it is not my work, nor do i claim it to be. It had every internal mechanism modelled, so to optimise it i pulled those uneeded details out.

The UV's came with the download, i did not touch them and i already knew they were garbage.

To further optimise the mesh i would have to rebuild certain surfaces, such as the barrell, which has the outer grooves and internal rifling actually modelled in.

Animations would have to be taken from the default sniper as we cant port custom animations into the game at all yet.

If you have a modelling program (Blender is free but its garbage IMO....i use maya 2008) Then feel free to nab the model off page one and take a look for yourself.

what if the outcasts stole some before they left?? :ohmy:

Poppycock, they left before you got there and the BoS wouldn't have these weapons until after you showed them to them. ^.^

So take THAT, outcasts.

Even if you bring new technology to the outcasts, the only one of them that actually uses it is Casdin. Even then it was only the Tesla armour I gave him, which seemed a bit odd.