Barrett m82 Sniper Rifle

SpacemanSpIiff

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re sent the model with the moving parts split up for you Hammonds.

As for what was done to it:

The body of the barret was entirely rebuilt, scope and all. The original posted on page one was just way too much and there was no way i could reduce the mesh without trashing it.

The magazine was preserved and has a lower resolution bullet modelled on it.

The Muzzle Break was preserved, but modified to lower poly count.

The Flip up sights behind the scope was taken off the original and put on the new body, no modifications were done. I plan on modelling the foreward sight and removing the scope, for a scopless version of the barret.

Clip - UV Done

Bullet - UV Done

Rifle - In Progress - Fell asleep while working on it. Going to bed.

When finished, I will get a basic texture on it as well as a nice UV Map template for a texture artist to finish the job.

The end result will also be formated in an Oblivion NIF format so the NiTriStrips can be copied onto a Fallout3 Sniper NIF. ;)

LHammonds

You're Awesome Hammonds. Have a good Rest. Ill be signing out now and catching some Z's myself as well. Peace.

Message me tomorrow and Maybe we can discuss the implementation of the rifle when we get to that stage. :thumbsup:

The Flip up sights behind the scope was taken off the original and put on the new body, no modifications were done. I plan on modelling the foreward sight and removing the scope, for a scopless version of the barret.

Oh please tell me you'll have an iron sights aiming mode to replace the scoped aiming. :D

Well that would require me sending off a new mesh to hammonds (or anyone willing) to be re processed.

1 step at a time.....

Further modifications to the current model will have to wait until the UV mapping is completed.

Then additional modeling can be done and then UV Mapping of the new polys.

But yes, there can be two versions of this weapon. If you have not heard, there will be a Construction Kit released in December and it will be no problem at all to have 20 unique models of sniper rifles added to the game. ;)

LHammonds

Guess I need to finish up my first play-through as a Small Arms Sniper, and get on with my next character, a weaponless knuckledragger... just so I'll have them out of my system for a full-bore Heavy Guns nut. Heheheh.

Amazing work, guys... can't wait to see a finished product.

People saying the UV projection is crap should keep in mind, thats a very near perfect unwrap for a very high res texture for either a cinmatic or even a movie.

Yes it doesnt use anywhere NEAR the ammount of texturespace as a low res texture needs for any detail.. but that wasnt its point.

Infact, its set out so well you should just be cutting the UV from each side projection and applying them to a seperate file, the model is large enough to grant it 2-3-4 seperate textures, assault rfiles in game get 2 as an example.