Barrett m82 Sniper Rifle

SpacemanSpIiff

The .50 BMG ammo can also be used for future mods to be released like the browning m2 you know :thumbsup:

Also, if we are going to have a unique barret, I think naming it "Retribution" Would be appropriate :wink:

Or the Barrett BM(F)G :P

Hah, instead of Browning Machine Gun, it's Big Moth- Oh, now the joke's gone. >.<

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another idea to go along with the others:

Melee weapon.

Yep, a broken sniper rifle that brutes use as a club (held by the barrel). When the player gets hold of it, it would be like having scrap metal except being used as a repair item for another sniper, it would yield very good repair bonus when applied to a working sniper rifle. For anything else, it would be the equivalent of scrap metal.

I would think that this same thing could be done with any weapon. Maybe have the ability to break-down an item into scrap metal or allow a repair bonus if it is used to repair a similar item.

I don't know the exact stats of how it is done now (via a mod) but if scrap metal can repair a weapon up to 25%, let the actual item repair its own kind up to 50%.

LHammonds

Here is another idea to go along with the others:

Melee weapon.

Yep, a broken sniper rifle that brutes use as a club (held by the barrel). When the player gets hold of it, it would be like having scrap metal except being used as a repair item for another sniper, it would yield very good repair bonus when applied to a working sniper rifle. For anything else, it would be the equivalent of scrap metal.

I would think that this same thing could be done with any weapon. Maybe have the ability to break-down an item into scrap metal or allow a repair bonus if it is used to repair a similar item.

I don't know the exact stats of how it is done now (via a mod) but if scrap metal can repair a weapon up to 25%, let the actual item repair its own kind up to 50%.

LHammonds

Very good idea, and i agree that every gun should be able to be used as an improvised melee weapon.

The mod that allows you to use scrap metal as a means of repair allows you to repair the gun up to 100% already however. But if we are gonna roll with your own idea, maybe allow scrap metal to repair up to 50% and have the actual item can go to 100%

I dont think theres much left to do in the modelling compartment. As can be seen, the Bolt and the Mag are not part of the main body mesh. This model will clock in at under 6000 poly. With not much left to do I dont think this mesh will even go above 5,800 Poly.

I went ahead and deleted the UV's that maya thought were good on it. Trust me it was garbage. This thing now has no UV's at all, and those will have to be remade.

It is in Maya's .ma Format. I will export it to any format needed.

Unfortunatly I believe that my progress stops here on this dream. Someone else needs to UV it, Texture it. and then implement it into fallout. :confused: If you do however want to take this further, I would love to work with you on as to how we implement it, including where we put it, who has it, how are we gonna handle the unique variant....etc.

Feel free to contact me with all the details on what you need done before i pass it off.

(Edit: 500th post woohoo!)

I'm Currently at the airport, traveling home for the holidays. Thankfully i work exclusively on my laptop (the Macintosh half of my hard drive, and i play fallout/oblivion on the windows half). So the files are technically with me. After I get land, get home, and settle down, Ill PM it as an OBJ to you LHammonds.

Thank you.