Keybind commands

Drakous79

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Does anyone know if aliens not present in a mission can be spawned? Drop commands like dropsectoid, dropthinman, dropmuton etc. work only if specified aliens are within the mission, otherwise it will leave a blank spot with HP units only. Any way to fix this?

Thnx.

In order to conserve memory not all pawn types are loaded into memory for every map.

The function that starts the ball rolling is XGBattleDesc.InitAlienLoadoutInfos. I can't remember where it traced to, but eventually that causes the correct art assets to be streamed in. Early on in the larger alien pods mod development I had issues with invisible aliens, and modding the above function fixed it.

The console commands you mention all seem to trace to XComTacticalCheatManager.DropAlien, which doesn't appear to have code to stream in the art assets. I think that function would have to be modded to get it working.

qhalidx, ToggleFOW works, GivePSIPerks too, but no idea about GiveBottomPerks or GiveTopPerks. Try to put commands with the correct section at the end of DefaultInput.ini.

[XComGame.XComTacticalInput]
.Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ToggleFOW")
.Bindings=(Name="I",Command="GivePSIPerks",Alt=True)

qhalidx, ToggleFOW works, GivePSIPerks too, but no idea about GiveBottomPerks or GiveTopPerks. Try to put commands with the correct section at the end of DefaultInput.ini.

[XComGame.XComTacticalInput]
.Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ToggleFOW")
.Bindings=(Name="I",Command="GivePSIPerks",Alt=True)

thanks drakous, does all the command in EU works in EW or it has been only a few command works so far?

I found that "DropSoldier" and "ThroughFireAndFlames" work correcty in EW, spawning a functional soldier, unlike in EU, where you would get a headless body that would not move. "GiveTopPerks" and "GiveBottomPerks" also seem to work in EW, with MEC troopers too, but I've been unable to find a command that lets you enable all gene mods or MEC suit upgrades.

Anyone else found commands for these?

thanks drakous, does all the command in EU works in EW or it has been only a few command works so far?

I think most EU and Unreal commands are working in EW. There may be few that doesn't work though.

...but I've been unable to find a command that lets you enable all gene mods or MEC suit upgrades.

Anyone else found commands for these?

You can try GiveAllTech, as gene mods and MEC upgrades are tied to researched techs and autopsies.