Keybind commands

Drakous79

Okay, I can confirm keybind commands are working with EW.

Put this at the end of DefaultInput.ini:

[XComGame.XComTacticalInput]
.Bindings=(Name="F12", Command="exec tactical.txt")
[Engine.PlayerInput]
.Bindings=(Name="F12", Command="exec strategy.txt")

Create tactical.txt and strategy.txt files in XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\Binaries\ and put commands into them. Then press F12 in the game.

Detailed info in Wiki's article Keybind Commands - XCOM:EU 2012.

http://i.imgur.com/LNMFpnD.jpg

Btw GiveResource Meld 321.

Happy testing :smile:

So that's how you do it! Thank you! :dance:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be missing something...but I added it all where it needs to be, but its not adding any of the resources I put into the Strategy.txt, I thought I had put the command lines in the DefaultInput.ini correctly, but it still isn't added the resources (elerium, etc...) :/

I have EW but I tried it first in EU, to see if I did it right, but its not working in EU...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :/

Edited by Rasann

• 2 weeks later...

I can not figure this out .Bindings=(Name="F9", Command="GiveItem UFOFlightComputer 100" nothing happen when i press F9. Am I doing something wrong?

You should post the complete relevant entries from your 'DefaultInput.ini' file (in a spoiler, please). From this we can't tell if you put it in the correct section ( [Engine.PlayerInput] or [XComGame.XComTacticalInput] ), and you must preserve spacing and punctuation. (You are missing a closing parentheses: ")" above; and I believe it belongs in the [Engine.PlayerInput] section because that is a strategic reward, but I'm not an expert.)

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

I can not figure this out .Bindings=(Name="F9", Command="GiveItem UFOFlightComputer 100" nothing happen when i press F9. Am I doing something wrong?

You should post the complete relevant entries from your 'DefaultInput.ini' file (in a spoiler, please). From this we can't tell if you put it in the correct section ( [Engine.PlayerInput] or [XComGame.XComTacticalInput] ), and you must preserve spacing and punctuation. (You are missing a closing parentheses: ")" above; and I believe it belongs in the [Engine.PlayerInput] section because that is a strategic reward, but I'm not an expert.)

-Dubious-

Sorry I added it to the [Engine.PlayerInput] section of 'DefaultInput.ini' file

gabari0219, it is UFONavigation = UFO Flight Computer. Also Dubious is right about the missing bracket. List of items (not including Enemy Within additions) is in this post. I'll try to update it soon.

[Engine.PlayerInput]
.Bindings=(Name="F9", Command="GiveItem UFONavigation 100")

You can put those lines at the end of DefaultInput.ini before starting the game. After hitting F9 in Gray Market, mouseover some item to see new count of UFO Flight Computers.

If you edit commands in DefaultInput.ini on the fly, restart of the game is required to apply changes. I like to use Command="exec MyFile.txt" - MyFile.txt contains commands I can change of the fly and is located inside XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\Binaries\ folder. If you're playing Enemy Unknown, than the file is in XCom-Enemy-Unknown\Binaries\ folder.