Coronavirus - Is there a silver lining?

MrJoseCuervo

So which would be easier: Moving resources to where the people need them, or having the people move to where the resources are? Or, maybe, just maybe..... not over-populating an area beyond what its local resources can support??? Wouldn't that be novel?

That would mean no cities.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So which would be easier: Moving resources to where the people need them, or having the people move to where the resources are? Or, maybe, just maybe..... not over-populating an area beyond what its local resources can support??? Wouldn't that be novel?

That would mean no cities.

Depends on the scale of resource movement you wanna do. If it is bare minimum, then, everyone lives on a farm, and raises their own necessaries. Somehow, I don't see that happening. :)

The only solution to most of our problems is fewer people.

This has actually been well and truly debunked using facts and logic but you seem to be rather timid about honestly seeking out and engaging with the best arguments against your own cherished opinions so I'm not surprised that you still think that it's true.

But even if it were true, the solution would be fewer people being born, not people dying earlier.

Here's a solution to a problem that you can actively contribute to: stop spreading bullsh!t on the internet.

It has? Really? When?? I must have missed that.

Population (overpopulation..) IS a problem. Just ask the folks in China, or India......

NO!

Overpopulation is not the problem. Proper dissemination of resources is the problem. Americans eat more per year than most other countries combined. Americans also throw away more perfectly usable food than the nutritional requirements of most of the rest of the world combined. And to be clear, Australia isn't much better, though obviously our lower population means the numbers are lower, the actual percentages are in some instances higher than America.

Of course one solution would be to halve the worlds population, but the question then becomes who gets picked? Are you volunteering? Should we ask Thanos to step in and help?

It's a fallacy perpetuated by idiots and narcissists who live by the mantra "Rules for thee, but not for me".

Who gets picked? Those who survive, that's who.

Who gets picked? Those who survive, that's who.

Circular logic, or lack thereof.....

Not at all.

If you have poor genetics or lack the intelligence and drive to earn a living and survive in the current system we live in then you wont. Stop subsidizing healthcare and unemployment. Let nature take its course.

Stop financing irresponsible breeding.

I am not saying doing this would be pleasant, but if you believe the entire human race and other life on this planet is in jeopardy then it is the logical course of action. Continuing to allow the lowest common denominator of the human specimen to thrive unchallenged as led us to where we are today.

Not at all.

If you have poor genetics or lack the intelligence and drive to earn a living and survive in the current system we live in then you wont. Stop subsidizing healthcare and unemployment. Let nature take its course.

I am not saying doing this would be pleasant, but if you believe the entire human race and other life on this planet is in jeopardy then it is the logical course of action. Continuing to allow the lowest common denominator of the human specimen to thrive unchallenged as led us to where we are today.

At the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, that bears a remarkable similarity to the er...philosophy (I use that term loosely) underpinning a certain mid-20th century regime that our compatriots fought so valiantly against.

Not at all.

At the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, that bears a remarkable similarity to the er...philosophy (I use that term loosely) underpinning a certain mid-20th century regime that our compatriots fought so valiantly against.

I am not a liberal so I in no way support eugenics.

I am not a liberal so I in no way support eugenics.

Well it's good that you draw the line somewhere....

I'm going to sponsor your quote for non sequitur of the month. There's a great prize for the winner. You get to be Trump's merkin wrangler for a week. Opportunity of a lifetime for you....

• 2 weeks later...

There appears to be a, not yet, confirmed silver lining to the corona-virus 19.

There is sufficient evidence that some people with certain blood type have a shield on their red corpuscles that resists viruses. They are documented to have never had any flu like symptoms in their entire lives. All because of a designation to the blood that makes them different. I won't post a link to what I have read for two reasons.

1). I think that if you're interested enough to know if your blood type is the kind with the shield you will search the Internet knowledge banks to find out yourself.

2). I think the corona virus is not a virus I think it is a larva.