Well, This Sux

Zanderat

Why?

Bethesda are floundering. Major new titles are nowhere in sight. Fallout 76 was an ill-conceived, poorly executed dumpster fire. It and Wolfenstein Youngblood had nasty pay to win, predatory microtransactions. The Bethesda of old is dead. My expectations for ES6 and Starfield are dead flat. Now they may return to form. I hope they do. I will happily be proven wrong and embrace both games should they learn from their mistakes.

That said, Microsoft has shown themselves to be sympathetic to not only multiple platforms (at least, Xbox and Windows) but modding as well. And the new injection of cash and resources may get better results.

Bethesda titles will not be Xbox specific. They said as much. You do not spend 7.5 billion on a company and then immediately cut yourself off from over half it's customer base unless you have the IQ of a particularly stupid tree stump. MS may well prove to be that stupid in the future but for now, there is no reason to believe they will.

And they could not kill Skyrim and Fallout 4 modding if they wanted to. It would cost them thousands, gain them nothing, and alienate more of the customer again. And if they did, we would find workarounds. Given that MS have actively encouraged modding on XBox in numerous instances including Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 (including new resources, unlike Sony) again I see no evidence of reason to panic here.

So why exactly does this suck exactly?