Mod Updates Not Showing in Vortex

SpookaXX
Go to solution Solved by passag3,

Vortex will not register new mod versions.

I grew suspicious when I would click check for updates and Vortex would take two seconds to check.

Turns out I was right because I manually checked a recent mod for an update and a new version had been released without me knowing.

Can anyone offer a solution?

I'm just catching up after being on holiday, but a common reason for this is the Nexus Mods data isn't set up for the mod. Did you try right clicking the mod and selecting "Guess ID"?

Yep, no updates.

isnt this the same problem you reported a week ago?

Not exactly. I copy and pasted all my mods from another hard drive into Vortex folder on my new computer. And it wasn't updating anything.

I redownloaded all my mods and it still isn't showing updates.

I posted in Wrong thread. but make sure your mods are installed before trying to check for update lmao

My mods aren't actually installed as I'm not starting a playthrough yet. So they actually need to be installed to show updates??

My mods aren't actually installed as I'm not starting a playthrough yet. So they actually need to be installed to show updates??

Yes, that's how it works.

Vortex only cares about if an update is available for a mod, if the mod is installed, which makes sense.

It's only concerned about the ones you're using.

Yes, that's how it works.

Vortex only cares about if an update is available for a mod, if the mod is installed, which makes sense.

It's only concerned about the ones you're using.

Well, going to have to say that's another point to Nexus Mod Manager.

That checked for newer version even if my mods weren't installed yet.