Derok

Their heads don't look stupid, that's pretty nice. I think most fursuits look so bad because giant gaping heads with big cartoon oval eyes is actually the more popular style, so artists try for that.

I used to follow LionOfTheSun when I was less picky, now ClockworkCreature seems to be the nicest. I think I've seen skin and scale textures. http://www.clockworkcreature.com/gallery/

And such a body could likely be nicely paired with Digilegs. https://www.digilegs.com/

Wow, nice fur work! It looks so well done!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from UBR, I'm actually working on some costuming for one of my LARPs, where I'm coming in as a completely reptilian humanoid (with a tail) who is wearing only a loincloth most likely. Going to be amusing stealing everyone's forks.

Just FYI, figuring out full body scales is hard.

I bet Takumori (Scaleworx Creations) would agree Dro, he does some metal scalework on his Heads, and it looks pretty intricate, time consuming too I bet, layering those scales just right takes patience, I know, I've done that for cars on Forza Horizon (When I had an XBox 360) and some of my car art took hours just doing scales for one of my cars, can't be any easier with the real thing.

As for full body.. egads, you'd have to find some light weight materials or find someone that does airbrushing over a lightly textured suit ( I've heard that gets very expensive, 4-6k and up) Now, If you went with a Fursuit and added Scalework patches in just a few places (A patch on the upper thigh perhaps, and like on some of Scaleworx Creations stuff, top of the head) Just do what I do, look at some fursuits, draw some rough sketches and play with the details until you find something you like. Took awhile to design Nyte and his alter ego Dragon Nyte, and I kept them "Mostly" simple (Dragon Nyte has Blue "Hair" which goes to mid spine, then again along the tail).

Just remember to have fun designing your suit, And keep in mind "If" you do get a suit made, get some Under Armor-Bacalava, Shirt, Pants (Don't get a dive suit, I was told at my first meetup to NOT use those as they'll make you hotter), As some suits get very warm over time, especially the heads, even with a fan in the head, they get warm and you'll want to take a break every 30mins-Hour or so while suiting to "Air Out" the head and drink something (Water is best). Also make sure you find a good group to go suiting with in your area with a good reputation if you plan to go to events, I'm with a group here in Seattle called Furlife, and we have alot of fun. Just attended my first meetup suited (When Furballs Strike 19-Bowling) and had a blast, not to mention, we broke the attendance record for Bowling Meetups worldwide this time (Previous record, 214, our attendance 236/89 were in suits).

How about this, why a full suit?

I mean, from what I read you want a tail, and hands with claws and a head. Why not the have legs and torso covered in cheaper alt, like armor?

In the middle ages, there was a type of armor called scale armor, it was lighter, cheaper and easier to move in than normal armor they had back then. It can be a good chest piece and easily made into any color, it also looks sick and dragon like. No idea about the price duo, but I hear there is more armor maker in the us and uk than fur suit makers. It also seems less hot than a fur suit.

I mean, from what I read you want a tail, and hands with claws and a head. Why not the have legs and torso covered in cheaper alt, like armor?

In the middle ages, there was a type of armor called scale armor, it was lighter, cheaper and easier to move in than normal armor they had back then. It can be a good chest piece and easily made into any color, it also looks sick and dragon like. No idea about the price duo, but I hear there is more armor maker in the us and uk than fur suit makers. It also seems less hot than a fur suit.

Because real armor is heavy (Even made from modern light weight materials). A chainmail shirt for example looks light, until you have to lift it over your head to put it on. I've worn real armor, some friend were in the SCA and so I got to try it on. Once you've donned the real thing you have alot of respect for those that wore the genuine article in medevial times as they didn't have aluminum, and even that still weighs a bit, the fur suit is lighter if anything, both get warm after wearing it for awhile (unless its Fall/Winter and you're outdoors), in which case you're now in a very cold steel article of clothing, plus, to make wearing armor bearable you have to wear somewhat thick padding under it to keep it from chafing, and in the case of mail armor, from pinching your skin. Of course you could get a partial suit made, Head, Sleeves with paws/claws and Feet/w or WO leggings and just wera a shirt and shorts/pants, but Dro doesn't like pants, so he'd probably prefer the fullsuit anyway to show off his handsome reptile/dragon self. :)

Because real armor is heavy (Even made from modern light weight materials). A chainmail shirt for example looks light, until you have to lift it over your head to put it on. I've worn real armor, some friend were in the SCA and so I got to try it on. Once you've donned the real thing you have a lot of respect for those that wore the genuine article in medevial times as they didn't have aluminum, and even that still weighs a bit, the fur suit is lighter if anything, both get warm after wearing it for awhile (unless its Fall/Winter and you're outdoors), in which case you're now in a very cold steel article of clothing, plus, to make wearing armor bearable you have to wear somewhat thick padding under it to keep it from chafing, and in the case of mail armor, from pinching your skin. Of course you could get a partial suit made, Head, Sleeves with paws/claws and Feet/w or WO leggings and just wera a shirt and shorts/pants, but Dro doesn't like pants, so he'd probably prefer the fullsuit anyway to show off his handsome reptile/dragon self. :smile:

That the point, scale armor was made to be lighter than chainmail. Today, chainmail comes in a full shirt, in and out. Scale only the outside part. It can also be made from leather, not steel.

Back in the middle ages they would train on such stuff from the age of six, it in fact not that hard to train using heavy armor, many people used to a 30 kg chest plate can do back flips easy.

Because real armor is heavy (Even made from modern light weight materials). A chainmail shirt for example looks light, until you have to lift it over your head to put it on. I've worn real armor, some friend were in the SCA and so I got to try it on. Once you've donned the real thing you have a lot of respect for those that wore the genuine article in medevial times as they didn't have aluminum, and even that still weighs a bit, the fur suit is lighter if anything, both get warm after wearing it for awhile (unless its Fall/Winter and you're outdoors), in which case you're now in a very cold steel article of clothing, plus, to make wearing armor bearable you have to wear somewhat thick padding under it to keep it from chafing, and in the case of mail armor, from pinching your skin. Of course you could get a partial suit made, Head, Sleeves with paws/claws and Feet/w or WO leggings and just wera a shirt and shorts/pants, but Dro doesn't like pants, so he'd probably prefer the fullsuit anyway to show off his handsome reptile/dragon self. :smile:

Yeah, it would be a full suit. I'm not going to wear a suit if it has clothes. I want to be "naked", if you get my meaning! Gotta show my sexy dragon self~

Also, with completing the mod, I think I'll meet the deadline with Argonians easily!