Derok

Sorry if I sounded rude. But it has been 3 years. Or even more, since the mod was being worked before I made this thread. That's enough to make a whole game from scratch. Your character looks edgy as hell though.

Understandale, but the dude has a life and no new PC.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 years 1 person working on it at a given time (Swaps hands across 2-3 people) few hours (2-4) per week progress while each having a full job to tend to as well a persons own entertainment as well family to have. in that perception making a mod would take a LONNNG time. however he often teases us releases, and finally shows a picture. such a big tease he is being. It is a shame nobody wants to work on this mod, this is the best chance to ever see something like this come to Skyrim. in truth I lost faith of it coming out while ago so many teases of release over the entire year of 2015. but seems refuses to release alpha/beta and resistant to have others assist him.

I understand development, I know its not easy, I do not understand what is going on in his life nor tell him how to live it.

I respect and thank you for working for it so long spite the teasing over the years, I hope it does come out within this month or the next.

But I doubt it. :sad:

Check back in November to see status.

Edited by strazytski

3 years 1 person working on it at a given time (Swaps hands across 2-3 people) few hours (2-4) per week progress while each having a full job to tend to as well a persons own entertainment as well family to have. in that perception making a mod would take a LONNNG time. however he often teases us releases, and finally shows a picture. such a big tease he is being. It is a shame nobody wants to work on this mod, this is the best chance to ever see something like this come to Skyrim. in truth I lost faith of it coming out while ago so many teases of release over the entire year of 2015. but seems refuses to release alpha/beta and resistant to have others assist him.

I understand development, I know its not easy, I do not understand what is going on in his life nor tell him how to live it.

I respect and thank you for working for it so long spite the teasing over the years, I hope it does come out within this month or the next.

But I doubt it. :sad:

Check back in November to see status.

There are mods that does the same thing; changing the legs and make boots match.

The problem has always been life or eventual lack of motivation. As you can see from the latest progress shots, we are RIGHT THERE. Release is only a TINY bit more work. My computer just had to up and die.

The biggest problem is that, whenever it switched hands, each developer had to clean the mod up to their own satisfaction. Luckily, I got past that already.

I think I have a substitute computer I can use though until I get my new rig. I'll know by tomorrow.

Edited by Drohung

well I for one think the pictures look really good, and is exactly how I would want my argonians to look like.

Edited by nyonker

Can't help it, but you wearing wings in those shots the overall looks strangely remind me of my own current WIP models' appearance of my dragons... especially that 1st pic looks a lot like Drake! :ohmy:

It's looking great so far, and will definitely have a huge lot of very pleased and satisfied downloaders once it's released. I know whenever I get around to get Skyrim myself, I'll definitely be getting it as well! :thumbsup:

And for the records, if anyone thinks this mod is taking its time to completion, may I remind people of how long "my" work is already on hiatus/the back-burner by now? I know, it's a different game and everything, but still, sometimes these things just take their time. Real life always goes first, or this whole modding business will inevitably only turn into a hell of stress and mental pressure, NOT the fun and enjoyment we're aiming to get out of it. If an author takes their time to get to completion, then that is how it is. It's not like they could change it, if they wanted to, and trust me, they definitely do.

I also don't consider it "teasing" when people show me pictures of what they have by now but can't actually get around to release anything much of it, yet. As far as I'm concerned I'm always "asked" to show these pics, to keep people posted about my progress, even though there really isn't much. Can't say I've "ever" had someone complain to me about my ongoing inability to actually "do" much of it so far (well, apart from myself that is ^^), and it's been several years longer without progress released than this one, now that's for sure. And last but not least, being an author myself, I'm always having my share of good use of any and all images I'm shown, no matter if there's a mod for it already or not, my imagination just absorbs them gratefully, more fuel to keep new ideas popping up for years to come! :cool:

Can't help it, but you wearing wings in those shots the overall looks strangely remind me of my own current WIP models' appearance of my dragons... especially that 1st pic looks a lot like Drake! :ohmy:

It's looking great so far, and will definitely have a huge lot of very pleased and satisfied downloaders once it's released. I know whenever I get around to get Skyrim myself, I'll definitely be getting it as well! :thumbsup:

And for the records, if anyone thinks this mod is taking its time to completion, may I remind people of how long "my" work is already on hiatus/the back-burner by now? I know, it's a different game and everything, but still, sometimes these things just take their time. Real life always goes first, or this whole modding business will inevitably only turn into a hell of stress and mental pressure, NOT the fun and enjoyment we're aiming to get out of it. If an author takes their time to get to completion, then that is how it is. It's not like they could change it, if they wanted to, and trust me, they definitely do.

I also don't consider it "teasing" when people show me pictures of what they have by now but can't actually get around to release anything much of it, yet. As far as I'm concerned I'm always "asked" to show these pics, to keep people posted about my progress, even though there really isn't much. Can't say I've "ever" had someone complain to me about my ongoing inability to actually "do" much of it so far (well, apart from myself that is ^^), and it's been several years longer without progress released than this one, now that's for sure. And last but not least, being an author myself, I'm always having my share of good use of any and all images I'm shown, no matter if there's a mod for it already or not, my imagination just absorbs them gratefully, more fuel to keep new ideas popping up for years to come! :cool:

Ah, you know we love ya Drake. Your mods were my favorites for Oblivion.

Fun fact: The character is, in fact, named Drake, heh. He's a DnD character inspired by a web comic I read. Teenaged dragon sorcerer. He's become one of my main three personas.

Nice to hear your thoughts on the slow process, definitely helps put things in perspective and stops me from feeling so guilty about real life getting in the way.