Is a DLC called Redguard actually confirmed now?

SpellAndShield

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, a DLC dealing with the post civil war succession would force you to pick a side and play the civil war questline before you could get your moneys worth. It would effectively be the same thing as targeting the product at only those who are actually interested in the civil war, as opposed to everyone. That really doesn't seem like Bethesda's style - basically all their DLC in the past have been standalones, most being available from the very start of the game.

But how unprofessional could they afford to look by leaving an open loophole in one of the main quests?

I think it's assumed that the Hero of Kvatch said yes to everything. In other words, became the Listener, became the Mad God, became the Gray Fox, became the Divine Crusader, and gave Umbra to Clavicus Vile (that's why the novels exists). That's why Sheogorath in Skyrim refers to severed heads and Foxes and probably why he is insane.

I think it's quite the contrary. Nothing is assumed about all those people being one and the same. At least not ingame (books, dialogue and such). That would mean invalidating a player's personal canon, and so far I don't remember in happening in TES.

Edit: Not that I noticed, I mean. I would be very disappointed if there are ingame things that force a story upon a character you made in the past.

I think it's more open to interpretation. Sheogorath has a line about being at the sacking of Kvatch. "I was there...", he says. A player who never played Shivering Isles would think nothing of this, but player who did and became the Mad God would interpret Sheogorath of Skyrim as their old character. The character I beat Shivering Isles with happened to be an Imperial male, so this concept opened up immediately to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just heard what sounds like a DLC hint today. I'm in Ivarstead and a guard tells me, "Now that the East Empire company is reopened we have a launch point into Morrowind... just in case." I doubt it was a hint at Dragonborn but how can be sure considering I don't have the DLC yet.

Well I just heard what sounds like a DLC hint today. I'm in Ivarstead and a guard tells me, "Now that the East Empire company is reopened we have a launch point into Morrowind... just in case." I doubt it was a hint at Dragonborn but how can be sure considering I don't have the DLC yet.

That's been around since the game was released.

Lol taking in game dialog as news for DLC...

We'll know when the lawyers at Bethesda give their approval (and after the obligatory waiting for people to sober up for a day or two) before they release any info about any product. Until then, we just know two things:

1. They recently renewed the trademark on "Redguard".

2. People like to speculate.