Blocked (by cloudflare) after attempts to post timed out

thumbincubation

I just spent the better part of a half hour, typing a step-by-step to help someone extract and merge meshes, only to have it get stuck in "processing," when I hit the post button. When I tried to refresh, I got a message that I was blocked by cloudflare and to contact the administrator. Now it's letting me back in, but the entire post is gone. Is it possible to retrieve what got stuck in processing, please? It was in the Skyrim Special Edition Creation Kit and Modders forum, and was a response to the Motionless DwePipe1wayPiston help thread. The cloudflare ray ID was 60f7cb069d4ec083

Thank you in advance.

I get that occasionally too, on other sites as well, apparently some of the IP addresses of my VPN are blocked by certain websites because they were used in DDOS attacks.

Now I make it a habit to hit CTRL+A then CTRL+C before I try an post anywhere.
Or I'll type everything up in Notepad++ and copy and paste the text here.

I do similar to HadTo at the end of typing up a long post (most of the time ... sometimes that little voice in the back of my head that is supposed to tell me to save before going into that dungeon/city gate or copy/paste that long post before hitting the Post button comes up short, and you can probably hear the string of cuss words from your house).

The forum gets attacked by spammers fairly frequently (although you don't see it as users) but our security measures usually prevent anything from happening as a result. However, we have had increase some CloudFlare blocks. This means that the longer your post, the more chance of it tripping over the protection. CloudFlare sometimes mistakes a large forum post for an attempt to submit malicious code (or something). If it happens frequently and for short replies, please let us know as it may be sometime specific to your IP.

Sadly, there's not much we can do. My advice would be to avoid the "Fast reply" at the bottom of the thread if you're writing a long post and instead use the "Reply to this topic" button up top.

I do similar to HadTo at the end of typing up a long post (most of the time ... sometimes that little voice in the back of my head that is supposed to tell me to save before going into that dungeon/city gate or copy/paste that long post before hitting the Post button comes up short, and you can probably hear the string of cuss words from your house).

I felt that string of cuss words. Every single word. lol

I felt that string of cuss words. Every single word. lol

LOL ... I do try to be creative in their choice and specific order. Just looking out for those who need to overhear it, wouldn't want it to get old and stale afterall.