Deployment failure Error for Mods, Version. 1.3.22

NativeSun13

I am using Vortex Version. 1.3.22 and I am trying to mod Cyberpunk2077. I am using Windows 10, x64, and I have 1 TB of RAM. I am trying to use about 16 mods . When i go to deploy the mods I get the following error ( see attachment). Now I am new to using Mods so please be descriptive and , if need be, dumb it down for me as much as possible. I am sure there is a "user error" reason behind it all.

As of right now though I am able to download the Mods via Vortex but they dont work in game.

I appreciate any and all help you can provide.

Thanks Guys !

Without your Vortex log file I can't really say for sure what's going wrong here.

I have two thoughts:

• You are trying to deploy mods while the game is running (make sure the game is closed).
  • Your game is installed to a protected folder (Program Files, for example) and Vortex doesn't have permission to deploy your mods there. If this is the case I suggest moving the game to somewhere like C:\Games\Cyberpunk 2077.

You may also want to try restarting your PC as the mod files or game folder might be locked by another app.

Thanks for the reply , Mike ! So I have Cyberpunk on my external 1TB SSD ( D: ) ( bc my gaming laptop only had 256 GB so basically enough to run Windows and other basic OS stuff> )

* I attempted to Deploy w/ the game off but got same error

* I am unsure what other program or App would be interfering.

Could the issue possibly be that its on my SSD ?

Thanks for the reply , Mike ! So I have Cyberpunk on my external 1TB SSD ( D: ) ( bc my gaming laptop only had 256 GB so basically enough to run Windows and other basic OS stuff> )

* I attempted to Deploy w/ the game off but got same error

* I am unsure what other program or App would be interfering.

Could the issue possibly be that its on my SSD ?

Check the file system on your SSD, is it NTFS or FAT32?

If it's FAT32 you won't be able to deploy.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD !!! It shows as ' EXFAT ' which i assume is same as FAT32 ..... now the million dollar question ... Can I change it to be NTSF or am I stuck getting an SSD that is NTSF compatible ?

Yes, you can change your SSD to NTFS, BEWARE that you will lose any data on it, because you'll have to Format it to NTFS, so if you have program or data on it, you'll want to move them at least temporarily.