Inspiration needed for a race mod

Mishkax

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked inside the "Oblivion - Meshes.bsa" as those kf files should be there but do not expect them to work on your race but try it out anyway as it might. Nope, they are not there...

Damn, they are in the "DLCShiveringIsles - Meshes.bsa" and consist loads of kf files. I cant pin point the one you want but it must be there. I guess it is 30-40 kf files all together.

When it comes to the seams - Do no put to much work into them as you will most likely fail but if you succeed, I will become extremely impressed :D Your character will most likely hide the seams anyway under some fancy armor or clothing right or will it run around and show off all those tattoos and fancy scares for the entire Cyrodiil? :wink: I did tried to perform naked in Skyrim for a Lord and the lord told my char to go and get dressed and never show up like that again, which did surprise me a lot really. It seems Idle have implemented a similar function in the latest xOBSE as well, to check if someone is dressed or not.

Edited by Pellape

XD certainly a good thing that there is no such thing as public nudity charges in skyrim. ok i seem to be at abit of an impasse,i can use blender relatively easily but it says in nifskope the version im using is version 20,while oblivions is version 10 or something like that. you must certainly know how to get custom models in there

Oblivion use Gamebryo fileformat versions v20.0.0.4 and also v20.0.0.5 and you also need to set it in Blender, under the Scene Property on the right side and in Niftools Panel there. I export my meshes as v20.0.0.5 but you can aslo change it to v20.0.0.4 if you want too.

50998440333_f08173c1a3_o.png

What I could see is that a game called Kohan 2 is using v10.1.0.0 ;) And also Freedom Force vs. 3rd reich which sounds like a Strategy game. Did you export meshes to them at some point?

wait a minute,how are you exporting in nif with blender?i had to use an ancient version of blender with nif export support built it. but it suffers from the horrible user interface problems of older versions of blender

I use the latest version of Blender with the Nif exporter from Niftools.

Some tips is required here though as I have mixed feelings about the latest exporter as it did not scale right and it cant import Oblivion meshes right so I use an older exporter.

• v2.6 can export and import but skip some material settings and mess with collisions. I use it anyway and fix the rest in Nifskope
  • v0.03 cannot import Oblivion meshes, which i did report to them. But it exports them perfect, well except the scale is 10x but I bet you figure that one out. :wink:

Use v2.6 for import and maybe 0.03 for export. You cant see which is which in the export/import menu but you figure it out if it fails.

As you are used to the old interface, it sure will take you time to get used to the new one but what they did was to give Blender a more modern look. All tools you have at the lower section, well the panel is moved to the right side, which provide more space for modeling. I went bananas until i figured this new interface out as I did it more or less by trial and error. I did follow a video tutorial as I had not used Blender for 12 years in August but now I feel very comfortable with it. What I use Blender for, you can see here and here in a WIP next to yours... :wink: I am using it right now, making a new Library but it is time to see it in game now.

Edited by Pellape

They did add installation videos at Niftools but it is extremely simple:

Go to the edit menu -> preferences and click Add-Ons. Click the button Install... and click at your packed add-On and Blender will do the rest. You do not need to unpack it nor move it anywhere.

You do have a point as I just did try to find those videos and it is hopeless - I found them

Edited by Pellape

thats only one part of what i asked,the rest being,what precisely do i do with the zip file after i download it? there is no indication of needed extraction location for instance,no installer,so its a little weird. why do these people make awesome code tools but forget the most basic of things about releasing something like that into the wild?i do sorely intend to rectify this as much as i can as i go along and learn.and where i cant make a fix readily availible for a tool,ill fix things with it and make that fix availible

EDIT: nevermind i used a hail satan and installed the addon