Looking for Experienced Modders to help give me general modding advice

PeterPeladon

I'm trying to write a basic general game-modding manual to help people with less computer science knowledge mod games without hours of work . . .

This is a literal nexus for mod users and creators, so it felt like a good place to look. Could anybody direct me to an experienced game-modder I could chat with for help making a general guide to installing and finding game mods?

I looked through the tutorial documents and they all seemed written for extremely specific situations

I'm trying to write a basic general game-modding manual to help people with less computer science knowledge mod games without hours of work . . .

This is a literal nexus for mod users and creators, so it felt like a good place to look. Could anybody direct me to an experienced game-modder I could chat with for help making a general guide to installing and finding game mods?

I looked through the tutorial documents and they all seemed written for extremely specific situations

I'm not sure that writing a 'general' game modding manual is possible given the variety of different methods that exist to mod games and, as HeyYou pointed out, usually it's dictated by the game and to a lesser extent, the game engine.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if you are still interested in a reply but here goes

You should only mod one category at a time, unless you are able to do multiple add ons like armors, followers, items, etc.

Never use 2 mods that do the same thing.

Always try to use the lightest mod possible in terms of functions.

avoid doing anything huge unless you know what you are doing.

This is the Newbie's thread section!

Post your want ad's in the back of the forum's news section.

Bring lots of bottle caps! For want ad's are charged for by the word. Unless you want to spend a lot of money on an advertisement you better learn to keep it short and too the point.

Experimenters are what you want, not experienced people, you want scientists that have ideas they can charge lots of bottle caps for.

Enjoy!