Vortex Plugin Sorting Speed

CommunistNinja

Vortex v1.4.x on Plugins-tab in addition to "Enabled" and "Disabled" now includes the 3rd. option "Ghost". A ghosted plugin is in /data/-directory re-named by Vortex to include a .ghost at the end of the file-name and is wherefore not included in plugin sorting.

Ok, thanks.

When might this be useful?

diziet

Vortex v1.4.x on Plugins-tab in addition to "Enabled" and "Disabled" now includes the 3rd. option "Ghost". A ghosted plugin is in /data/-directory re-named by Vortex to include a .ghost at the end of the file-name and is wherefore not included in plugin sorting.

Ok, thanks.

When might this be useful?

diziet

This was just covered in the Discussion forum

If you ghost a bunch of esps, then they aren't processed for sorting like a disabled esp is, thus saving time

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9735083-plugin-ghosting/

• 5 months later...

Esp merged files become disabled. What would be the advantage of using ghost mode in these files and would hinder their execution?

My limit is 512 esp active/desactive (merged), after this it gives error in existing saves. Active I have 212. If you put the 300 disabled as ghost they will not enter the list and still run on the merged file?

Edited by Tegialan

Esp merged files become disabled. What would be the advantage of using ghost mode in these files and would hinder their execution?

My limit is 512 esp active/desactive (merged), after this it gives error in existing saves. Active I have 212. If you put the 300 disabled as ghost they will not enter the list and still run on the merged file?

It would help if you started your own thread, as the title of this thread has nothing to do with your problem.

It would help if you started your own thread, as the title of this thread has nothing to do with your problem.

I've done it on another topic about the ghost function, but it seems that no one really knows what it works for.

Plugin Ghosting - Vortex Discussion - The Nexus Forums (nexusmods.com)

Edited by Tegialan