Any tips against hoarding?

rgx02

Hi people,

I need some help here with the hoarding feeling.

I don't understand why but in games like Skyrim, and now Fallout 4, I have the incredible urge to grab EVERYTHING. It doesn't help that fallout 4 uses stuff for crafting.

Having to stop every few meters to go stash stuff burns me out on the long run and I end up dropping the game.

Does anyone have this issue? Do you make rules against this or use mods?

There's no solution.

In Tes I always tell myself not to become an alchemist, just this one time, this one character... but then I see the red flowers that restore your health...

And then F04 introduces me to scrap components... and you can hightlight objects!

Yeah, I find myself picking up just about EVERYTHING as I wander thru the wasteland. Even though I really don't need any more 'stuff'...... Weapons as well. I run Modern Firearms, so, for the most part, I pick up just about every weapon I come across. Even pipe guns. (rifles are a good source of copper..... and it disturbs me that I know that.....)

It's gotten so bad..... that when I see a roll of duct tape on the counter at work, I have to STOP myself from picking it up, stuffing it in my pocket, so I can mod my pistol when I get back home....... Yeah, I play this game WAY too much. :D

I make storage trunks to put unwanted stuff in that I do not sell. Mods like Levelers Tower in Skyrim and Levelers Bunker in the Fallout 4 can autosort all your stuff and store it. Levelers Tower also has a station to concentrate lower level potions to higher level ones, unburdening you of too many potions.

I make storage trunks to put unwanted stuff in that I do not sell. Mods like Levelers Tower in Skyrim and Levelers Bunker in the Fallout 4 can autosort all your stuff and store it. Levelers Tower also has a station to concentrate lower level potions to higher level ones, unburdening you of too many potions.

I also have a chest in my 'crafting' area that I stash stuff that is saleable.... Junk goes in the workbench, everything else goes in the chest. I make the rounds of vendors every now and again to purchase supplies. (concrete, copper, that kind of thing.) I end up accumulating more than I will ever be able to sell......