The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

just downloaded the cd of Eminem, Curtain Calls.

I downloaded it LEGAL. Planet internet got this nice thingy, you get 1000 pts every month for using planet internet you can spend on downloading songs or cds. Every month your 1000 points are restored, and downloading a full cd costs 1000 points. And i can do 1 month with a cd, so i can get any cd i want for free, with only a 1 month waiting time which i spend listening the newest cd. :)

The cd of February i chose was: The trinity, of Sean Paul.

I'm in the pop music/rap music thingy.

:wacko: Music forever :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the new Darkthrone ... hell, yeah, The Cult is Alive!

The fact that Fenriz and Nocturno Culto have actually released a digipack is not the only surprise of this new release. The press releases announcing the single (gasp!) and album were already fun to read and every song of this album is groovy, memorable and ... different (quote: "Probably sounds like Motörhead meeting Hellhammer on a Crust Punk/Necrothrash trip." - I wouldn't know a better way to characterize it ;) ). Darkthrone have consequently developed the style they already employed on Hate Them and Sardonic Wrath (and this release contains even solos!) - if you like some not-so-everyday Black Metal, you'll love this release.

Besides Classic Heavy Metal ... I still love all the music of Jeremy Soule, the composer of the Morrowind Theme Music. He has done music for other video games too...I wish I could remember which ones, might be Lineage, but I wouldn't want to say so definitely when I'm not sure.

I'll google it & then come back and add the information.. :unsure:

Composer Jeremy Soule = Morrowind, Guild Wars, Ice/Wind/Dale & *yes* Oblivion ! probably others too..The Secret of Evermore, Lysan's Lair, Kresselak's Tomb, Total Annialation, Giants, Beauty and the Beast, Final Hour, Socom, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently listening to Sirenia's album, An Elixer for Existance.

One of my mates told me the chick from this band may have been taken Tarja Turunen's place in Nightwish, so i gave them a listen. They're friggin awesome, so it was a pleasant suprise to find out the male vocals were done by teh same guy from Tristiania.

Current song is 'Save Me From Myself'.

I am currently listening to Sirenia's album, An Elixer for Existance.

One of my mates told me the chick from this band may have been taken Tarja Turunen's place in Nightwish, so i gave them a listen. They're friggin awesome, so it was a pleasant suprise to find out the male vocals were done by teh same guy from Tristiania.

Current song is 'Save Me From Myself'.

Huh, know where he got the rumor from? If it's true, good to hear that... I've had my doubts about replacing her easily, maybe for no reason?

Apart from all the typical timeless stuff (Floyd, Stones etc) I've recently gone all retro and started listening agsin to KLF, Messiah, The Mission, NWA, Judas Priest (Ram It Down), Motorhead, 90s house, and plenty of others that have marked epoques in my life.

I've also just bought "Hours" by David Bowie, which was used as the soundtrack to Omikron - The Nomad Soul, a corkin' videogame by Quantic Dream!!!

• 1 month later...
I switch styles all the time, from rap/pop music i'm now into rock and the like. The offspring, kaiser chiefs, etc. Always try to give every music type a chance, and I like this one :happy: