⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

@Thandal

Thank you very much for the reply! :D I'm relieved.

Now I'm going to google to find the definite meaning of "stock language".

I can catch it with my feeling, but just to make sure and I want to know it in a bit more academic way :tongue:

In this sense, "stock" comes from the retail world where a vendor would have a large amount of a particular item "in stock", and sell an identical product to every customer. Other examples are "stock characters" (like "evil step-mothers", or "bad cops") and "stock photos", (provided by graphics companies and used in various media as a generic representation of the location or idea being discussed.)

See also: "boilerplate language".

@Thandal

Thank you very much for the reply! :D I'm relieved.

Now I'm going to google to find the definite meaning of "stock language".

I can catch it with my feeling, but just to make sure and I want to know it in a bit more academic way :tongue:

In this sense, "stock" comes from the retail world where a vendor would have a large amount of a particular item "in stock", and sell an identical product to every customer. Other examples are "stock characters" (like "evil step-mothers", or "bad cops") and "stock photos", (provided by graphics companies and used in various media as a generic representation of the location or idea being discussed.)

See also: "boilerplate language".

adjective
adjective: stock
  1. 1.
    (of a product or type of product) usually kept in stock and thus regularly available for sale.
    "25 per cent off stock items"
  2. 2.
    (of a phrase or expression) so regularly used as to be automatic or hackneyed.

@croc123; Errr... Isn't that what I said? (Minus the dictionary formatting.) :happy:

I was providing not just the definition but the etymology, so as to give context as well as meaning. :laugh:

Having studied five foreign languages in some depth, I've found that having the context helps me retain the meaning and makes other usages and variations easier to understand. :thumbsup:

@Thandal

Thank you for your kindness! I think I can fully understand.
The example "stock characters" makes me get it especially.

@croc123

Thanks! I should have consulted not only an English-Japanese dictionary but also an English one. :P

(off-topic)

I have been laughing at the google image search results of "boilerplate"... What a cute robot. ;D

I was thinking of closing this account and making a new one, but I have mods uploaded with this one.. Is there any way whatsoever to get their pages claimed by the new account or something? Or I would need to download them before closing the account, then upload them with the new one, losing all statistics?

I'm trying to have the same username on all sites now, so I need to have it here too, and as far as I know, my username won't be changed even if i asked. So I need either what I asked or some way to keep the mods uploaded, but crediting my new account as the creator. Especially since I plan to get back into modding and making some more advanced things, soon.

Edited by leothebest15

@leothebest15; We generally don't do that. But please submit a ticket using the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of the page and perhaps something can be done.

Is it acceptable for me to post a thank you in a Comments thread when someone has made a donation, or would this be seen as encouraging donations and thus solicitation, which is against Nexus' rules?

Is it acceptable for me to post a thank you in a Comments thread when someone has made a donation, or would this be seen as encouraging donations and thus solicitation, which is against Nexus' rules?

We have allowed generic "Thank you" messages in the past.

Something along the lines of, "My thanks to all who have endorsed or donated. It's really nice to know people appreciate my work."

Would Nexus staff consider some sort of a parole system for users banned long ago, as in a right to re-appeal after a certain amount of time (1/2 years e.g.)? I know a few members banned years ago over some mundane reasons (jokes, skirmishes etc.) who IMO deserve a second chance (especially that there was no warnings under the old regime).

http://i.imgur.com/LO1eRik.jpg

Just a suggestion.