This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Hi, thx for the best modding site on the internet!!!

I have running 50+ mods for Skyrim, but I do not manage to get this avatar to show up in the Skyrim mod sections. This drives me crazy.

Please help! :geek:

Works now. Whatever happend, thx.

Edited by Anandafury

Hallo all!

I have a suggestion for this awesome site!.

Would be great to have a wishlist feature. If you browse Nexus on a different computer where you have installed your game, you can't do anything to remember the mods you found, except copying the links.

Add this would help to avoid this. Also, NMM can be updated and show with a grey color or something like that the mods that you have wished. Then, you can download it easily.

Thanks for make the best website!

All files are in .rar form? It's really annoying. 1st post on here but I haven't been able to use any mods yet. I really want to try some mods but I don't want to install a converter.

RAR files don't need a "converter". It's a standardized archive format just like ZIP or .7z.

They can be unpacked without problems with WinRAR, WinZIP, 7-Zip, on some OS UnRAR is even a native command line tool.

I don't know what game you're talking of, as there's 180+ to choose from, but for all the games I know only very select few uploads use RAR format. Most are in ZIP or .7z rather.

The choice of archive format is up to the uploaders. ZIP, RAR and .7z are just the most prominent among the allowed formats.

It's just not every unpacker/archiver can unpack every format. If I recall correctly, 7-Zip can handle all the above quite fine, WinRAR should be proprietary to RAR files, but I'm not sure, and WinZIP can handle ZIPs and RARs and quite some others, I'm just not sure it can handle .7z though. The format the files are uploaded in are the uploader's choice, what unpacker/archiver you use to unpack them is your's.

Hello people!

Hoping this is the right place to post about this - I've noticed recently (last three or so days) that ads on the Nexus have been duplicating in a weird fashion, stacking underneath one another, obscuring the page and consequently chewing up CPU:

http://i57.tinypic.com/15wckt0.jpg

It happens across different browsers and, from what I can tell, only on the Nexus - I can obviously just reload/close the tabs, but I feel it is worth mentioning. Worst case was 28 instances of ads :S

Haven't noticed anyone else mention it yet... I'm hoping it's nothing on my end!

Anyone else seen this?

@Bluekraken - that ads stacking is somthing we used to see with certain viruses. Run a good virus scan, I recomend using the Malwarebytes FREE for this. A good malware remover that works very fast and only runs on demand is JRT ( Junkwear Removal Tool) it runs in about 10 minutes and cleans a lot of crapware - Both of these are available at MajorGeeks.com

Does anyone else have problems with the text boxes on the site? I can't paste anything into them, or format anything, or embed anything. It happens on Nexus Mods too, I can't link a video to my mod's description... I know it's not my browser because I installed a new one and it still didn't work. Is this a common issue?