Hello mod authors, please stay in touch!

Falina

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Safe For Work Mods. :D

How is that going to compete with Nexus if the focus is naughty stuff? lol

True ... there certainly isn't any of that stuff here [roll eyes].

Yes there are lewd stuff here, but there are many more that aren't or is the other way around lol I dunno things are changing, anyway the focus here is not that, unless I missed something :geek:

Â

Â

Â

Yes there are lewd stuff here, but there are many more that aren't or is the other way around lol I dunno things are changing, anyway the focus here is not that, unless I missed something :geek:

Â

Ya I hear you. I haven't spent much time at LL but while I was there I had on my 'special' glasses (very heavily filtered).

• 3 weeks later...

Really thanks for the other site tips, in special the moddrop and modworkshop, all other nexus competitors i knew about was those forum sites with 20 years old templates.

Just a quick thinking about all this... i talked to some user about this on reddit, and all i got was "you are free to leave", when i tell people how much software cost me each month, but money was never the problem, i get answers like "use blender", people that say this really don´t understand what modding is about... And what is happening now is not about the authors, is everybody, with the new TOS, nexus will have THE power over modding community, anyone really think this is good? Is not about deleting mods, i would not delete my mods anyway, is about nexus becoming owners of the community, who should be fighting this is not the authors, is the users, they will pay the price if this works, and i say price in money price, don´t know their strategy, but the goal is money for sure.

So... for me, i don´t have so much stuff published, and i will not delete my old mods, don´t see why really, but here is my plan.

Nexus is the place where i upload my stuff from a long time, and they have a nice platform, cannot deny that, bug reports, gallery, comments, good permission system, the system is good, so i will continue to use this, what will change is when i will upload my stuff here and how, i used to upload WIP mods, so i could get a feedback from community until i get the final version, now i will upload stuff here in a later stage, normally i break my uploads in pieces, so people don´t have to download useless stuff, now i will upload just the basic of the basic, perhaps only the ESP, textures and other stuff will be all outside. All this of course, until we have things sorted out, now is the time to rise the competition.

I will take a closer look on moddrop, see the upload/download speed etc... probably will go there, until then, i am posting the stuff i am working on my patreon page patreon.com/ralfetas all links are public.

• 2 weeks later...

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I figured people would be interested in knowing I submitted a file deletion form to remove 100 mod pages this morning.

You can read about it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/684492

Now that the day is upon us, I'd love to know if there is a centralised place where we can find updates about mod authors who have left. It would be great if there was a list here or on Afkmods or anywhere else, just point us to it. Thanks!

And thanks to all the mod authors who have given us your work and inspiration, whether you've chosen to stay or leave. It's unfortunate it has come to this, but I do think it's important to be treated fairly by your hosts, so I support your decision.

I have a linktree on my ABOUT page with the needed links - all mods are for now on my own blog.

Serana/Valerica v2 is on AFKmods and Mods in Exile. I will upload in the next weeks on the other 2 plattform the rest of my mods. But EVERYTHING is for now on my blog.

So from now on - on my own blog - LeelooMinai's Little Modding Corner, AFKmods and Mods In Exile. :)

Thanks for the support ya'll - the mod users and the MAs!!! Means a lot! <3