When installing certain new mods, old mods don't seem to load (Vortex 1.4.14)

JoeSchmoe6002
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Ugh, I just realized, you're using Skyrim LE, your OP says 308 mods installed.

Skyrim LE can only handle 254 Mods with ESPs or ESMs

Ohhhh

That's interesting.

Thanks for that information.

I'm assuming some of the mods I already have didn't have an ESP or ESM then, which is what allowed me to play up to this point?

Guess I'll need to disable some mods and start a New Game.

EDIT: Does the following Plugin Merger work with Vortex? Or is there another way to get around this plugin limit? Seeing conflicting information.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905?tab=description

You can try it, I never got it to work, but maybe there are better tutorials out there.

Now if it was Skyrim SE you were playing, you could just have Vortex Convert some of your ESPs to ESPfe, which wouldn't take up an ESP slot.

That's how I have 386 mods installed for Skyrim Special Edition.

But ESPfe and ESL weren't introduced in Skyrim LE, they came along for Skyrim SE

That's a shame.

I'm going to disable/uninstall some mods I don't like and I'll get back to you on if it's working or not.

Appreciate the assistance so far!

It's working! Thanks a ton for the help!

Unfortunately now I have a totally different issue where my game keeps crashing because I think I have too many mods affecting player appearance n they're messing me up whenever I have a fancy follower around, n almost every time I load a save they have the brown head bug.

May end up posting about that if it continues, but going to just try to reduce the number of appearance mods for now assuming I can find out which ones I can get rid of without messing up my other addons.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

It's working! Thanks a ton for the help!

Unfortunately now I have a totally different issue where my game keeps crashing because I think I have too many mods affecting player appearance n they're messing me up whenever I have a fancy follower around, n almost every time I load a save they have the brown head bug.

May end up posting about that if it continues, but going to just try to reduce the number of appearance mods for now assuming I can find out which ones I can get rid of without messing up my other addons.

Don't forget, if you remove a bunch of mods, start a new game

Have you tried either Wrye BASH or Mator SMASH to merge some of your plugins easily?

I have not, does this work with LE?

Both do.