How to make Skyrim fun again?

LordSn0w

I used to love skyrim, I could play for hours without boredom, I had about 6-10 characters, I've played assassin, battlemage, 1h warrior, 2h warrior, archer. I have played pretty much every quest and dlc, not to mention a lot of mods. I got bored so I quit. I've been playing borderlands 2, nba 2k14, ncaa 14, ch2k8 for a while and I want to try playing skyrim again for one last playthrough. What can I do to make it fun? Like what class should I do (no assassin), what mods should I get, etc.

Thanks

I used to love skyrim, I could play for hours without boredom, I had about 6-10 characters, I've played assassin, battlemage, 1h warrior, 2h warrior, archer. I have played pretty much every quest and dlc, not to mention a lot of mods. I got bored so I quit. I've been playing borderlands 2, nba 2k14, ncaa 14, ch2k8 for a while and I want to try playing skyrim again for one last playthrough. What can I do to make it fun? Like what class should I do (no assassin), what mods should I get, etc.

Thanks

do not restart playing again , i stopped playing for more than 8 months and then restarted by completely reinstalling the game and i love it as mich as before

2 nd option crank up the difficulty with mods and play some crazy builds

something like a naked warrior using only a shield alteration and restoration spells and enchanted jewelry

another one i did was a succubus custom race and use *** to fight your way thru skyrim , you do know where to find those adult mods right

just a few example to there many other builds use your imagination just make sure you got a backstory for your character and stick with it

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

do not restart playing again , i stopped playing for more than 8 months and then restarted by completely reinstalling the game and i love it as mich as before

2 nd option crank up the difficulty with mods and play some crazy builds

something like a naked warrior using only a shield alteration and restoration spells and enchanted jewelry

another one i did was a succubus custom race and use *** to fight your way thru skyrim , you do know where to find those adult mods right

just a few example to there many other builds use your imagination just make sure you got a backstory for your character and stick with it

Nope, I don't know where to find those mods lol.

When I find myself getting bored with the game, I browse around the character builds at the Skyrim Blog for inspiration. A few of my favourite playthroughs came from builds posted there. Getting into a different kind of character can make you look at the game in an entirely different way if you take the roleplaying elements seriously enough and can find the mods to back it up.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Learn to create mods. I am just a beginner but I tell you modding can not only be totally absorbing, it also gives you a deeper understanding of and appreciation for the mods other people make.

2. Try some different overhaul mods-- for example if you were using Skyre try one of the others. Just look though the game play and overhaul mods for something new and intriguing.

3. If you haven't tried Interesting NPCs I enthusiastically recommend that. That mod opens up the depth of the game in a way that was truly missing before.

4. Finally, I like starting my game using the Random Alternate Start mod, then creating a character, custom followers, etc based on where that mod drops me into the world.

The first few play-throughs, I tried to do .everything. However, I have come to believe that doing that dilutes my character to the point where it is not role playing, just errands. Now I only do the parts that seem right for the character and make my decisions based on character congruence rather than being able to check off quests. There are a few mods that help with this by allowing you to delay the start of quests, avoid quests entirely, or remove them from your quest journal.

(I say all this after having just taken a break for about 3 months... I've nothing against breaks, there are tons of games out there!)

My suggestion is I cycle through other Tes games when boredom strikes I can enjoy Morrowind or Oblivion just as much as Skyrim. If you ask most Tes fans they would probably point to Morrowind being one of the better games of the series. Play some of the older games take a few months off then come back to Skyrim again and try out the new mods that are around by then.

Edited by Bloodinfested

I've been having a little fun with CCO (character creation overhaul) which forces your character into a more 'role playing' type aspect. Makes it more like Oblivion, whrere your character creation choices (race/skills, ect) make a huge difference.

I also recomend AFT, (amazing follower tweaks) which not only gives you the ability to enlist multiple followers, it also lets you mold the followers into any sort of character you wish to employ. For instance, I make Lydia into a 'spellsword" which gives her the ability to soften-up her opponents with magic before she attacks with her melee weapon.

Another mod is OBIS (organized bandits in skyrim) this one can actually makes bandit encounters interesting,...MUCH more interesting, and, is utterly configurable as is AFT. OBIS is also configuralbe via MCM.

Anyway, these are the mods i've installed recently to spice things up.

Oh, one more thing that lands in the eye candy catagory......'Tamriel Reloaded'. Many will probably rip this one because of occasional texture resolution fophas, but, if you like the "midevil" type feel to your game world, you will love this. ...Won't put your frame rates into the mud either. :)

I'm only on my 2nd playthrough (my first one kind of got boring and fizzled out last year). One thing that made a huge difference was role-playing a little bit more, and also pursuing the main quest (or just any quest line you haven't done yet -- and can even just role-play it more strictly). I would previously get mired in side-quests and get bored of dungeon-diving, etc.

I also tried a different play style (played archer in Oblivion, started as a new-to-me warrior character in Skyrim then got bored) -- mostly an assassin-type character. I actually just played Dishonored before coming back to Skyrim so I kind of modeled the character after that game, and even installed the Void Walker mod to get similar spells.

After completing the main quest, I semi-retired and went to the College, and started to transition into magic-use. I'm not sure if you've played a lot at higher levels, so it can change the game slightly.

I'll agree with above that CCO can be fun -- I used that for my current character as well as alternate start and AFT.

For additional mods, I would highly recommend the Vilja companion mod if you haven't used it before. I used it in Oblivion (and a little in Skyrim), and she really added a lot of life to the game.

Other ideas -- have you tried playing as a strict bard? Or like others have said, just do builds with crazy limitations -- naked chef? sure

Edited by ponyboy10