Dead Money Released!

IIJG53Valantine

The law would be difficult and I doubt it's not being released there due to simple prattery. Most likely some law in the region is the reason it is not being released.

I doubt it. If such a law existed they would not be able to sell Fallout: New Vegas itself through Steam in this region. It would be a really strange law if it allowed them to distribute a certain piece of software but not any associated/related software.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead Money is an adventure mod with action. Good character writing, bad logic, and not related at all to the base game, FNV. It is like what Mothership Zeta was to FO3, except not as cohesive.

There was no story, just a set-up and episodes. The fun happens as you progress through the journey and try to find and make the items you need to survive. It is like a pin ball game.

Dead Money IMO was not worth the money. I want more FNV, not some unrelated lame side quest.

Possible spoilers ahead..

Pity you feel about Dead Money that way - you sound rather disappointed. But, in terms of being related to the main game, you are incorrect on two points: first, there is reference to future DLC (which may or may not be in-game related); secondly there is the personal message to deliver (sorry, I can't do the hidden spoiler thing, so I'll be vague instead).

I played through DM in about 3 days of after work time in the evenings. I left the difficulty on Hard since I didn't want to insta-gib my opponents with headshots. Instead, emptying a pistol clip into my opponents got them down 30-40% but I got damaged considerably, too, especially if there was another opponent spearing me at range. Definitely added some challenge into it as I couldn't just go guns blazing as I could previously on Easy.

On a side note, you can go back to Sierra Madre if you have a fast travel mod enabled. I fast travelled back to the Villa while inside the Abandoned BoS Bunker.

Edited by kevikev

Finished Dead Money yesterday,

killed Elijah, had all companions alive and well in the end and managed to bring three gold bars home thanks to some Buffout and martini.

All in all I enjoyed it, despite the somewhat repetitive trudging around in narrow corridors around the Villa.

Writing and characters were good and the forced survival aspect in the beginning was a nice touch. The lack of stimpacks and ammo made me appreciate every piece of irradiated food I came across and made the fights much more challenging, especially since I had practically no skill at all in Melee or Unarmed. Unfortunately, Obsidian messed this up somewhat by leaving way too many Sierra Madre chips laying around.

Edited by GenocideLolita