Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

mckatsims:

Cool, thanks for delurking! So you like the new "hypothetical king" endings better than the ones in my earlier versions which was basically just cut down to "You know why. This is my duty." ?

New Zevran fix:

10. (v3.0) If you were in a romance with Zevran and told him "We must end this", you were supposed to get different dialogues depending on whether Zevran was at Interested, Care, Adore or In Love. Instead, you only got his "In Love" breakup dialogue. The Care, Adore and Interested responses to the breakup are now restored.

Morrigan's breakup dialogue had a very similar issue (though with her you always got the Interested dialogue). I checked Alistair and Leliana and they don't suffer from this problem.

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27. (v3.0) Talking with Alistair at the city gates, you could say "I'll be back, don't worry about me" only if you refused the Dark Ritual. Per scripting comments and logic, this should have been if you *didn't* refuse the ritual.

28. (v3.0) Talking with Alistair on the Fort Drakon rooftop, you could say to Alistair "We're not friends, Alistair. Why sacrifice yourself?" if you had low enough approval, but (per scripting comments) it should also have checked that Alistair wasn't being romanced. If you were romancing Alistair, the replies would be inconsistent. (e.g. "I'm not doing it for you. But I'm doing it for you.").

29. (v3.0) Talking with Alistair on the Fort Drakon rooftop, restored an inaccessible dialogue branch should you be in a romance but not in love with Alistair.

Edited by Qwinn

Okay, on the last page, I added some version 3.0 stuff to this, but forget that... it has to go like this:

17. (v2.0) RETRACTED, see below: After ending a romance with Alistair, you would see several later dialogue references (example: in the City Gates dialogue) to a specific breakup conversation (related to Alistair marrying someone else) even if the breakup was initiated by the player and that specific conversation never took place. Also, several fixes to the logic regarding whether Alistair remains in love with the player following a breakup.

18. (v3.0) The prior fix from v2.0 claimed you could see references to the Alistair-initiated breakup even if that didn't happen. This is incorrect - due to checks for the romance currently being active earlier in the conversation, you couldn't see it even if that breakup -did- happen. So the real fix is that references to Alistair's breakup when he becomes king that were previously inaccessible are restored under the right circumstances (which include that he was in love when he broke up with you). The STILL_IN_LOVE fixes are also redone much more thoroughly. Note that I'm pretty sure that dialogue was accessible in v2.0, it was mainly just my description of the bug being fixed that was wrong.

Edited by Qwinn

mckatsims:

Cool, thanks for delurking! So you like the new "hypothetical king" endings better than the ones in my earlier versions which was basically just cut down to "You know why. This is my duty." ?

Yes, I definitely do. It seems more in character for him to argue hypotheticals, especially if you don't harden him (something I rarely do). Non-hardened Alistair doesn't come out and say what he's thinking unless the Hero pokes and prods. So I am interested in seeing how that looks in game.

i've had the issues with him referring to himself as king, but i've never been dumped by him so i can't say that i've ever heard those lines of conversation. as for the marrying vs not marrying him, it most cases, human noble included, i rarely make him king and if i do, i never, ever, EVER have him marry someone else. nope, not happening. i prefer the idea of me and my alistair traveling thedas enjoying one adventure after another. honestly, though, it's been a few years since i've played an entire game thru and the last few times i have, it's only to test something i've done. but if you fixed the king issue, that's AWESOME. :D

Oh, I fixed the not-king issue in v2.0 of the fixpack. I think I've made some small improvements this time around, but I nailed all the obvious not-king bugs last time around. And they're all redone for v3.0 now too.

I am happy to announce I've finished reimplementing every fix from v2.0 except for the Steal the Teyrn's Crown quest. Still have to run through and test it all, but its done. When that and that one quest are done, I can technically release v3.0 whenever I feel like it. Still going to try to nail every bug I can find, but if there aren't that many left, release is probably in the 4-6 week range now.

Edited by Qwinn